Author Topic: Wanted - 1/32 scale decals for Arthur Rhys Davids SE 5a  (Read 562 times)

Offline Scaleber

Wanted - 1/32 scale decals for Arthur Rhys Davids SE 5a
« on: August 04, 2023, 05:40:36 PM »
I'd like to build my WnW SE5a as Rhys Davids plane when he fought Werner Voss.  I know Pheon used to produce a set (No. 32004 SE5a Aces in France) but I haven't been able to track one down nor received a response from my email to Pheon.  Does anyone have a set to sell or know where I could obtain one?  Thanks / Ian

Offline Rob_Owens

Re: Wanted - 1/32 scale decals for Arthur Rhys Davids SE 5a
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 05:43:50 AM »
In light of Rowan Broadbent’s sad and untimely passing, it appears Pheon Decals is no longer in business. Since the sheet you seek is no longer in production (I think it was already OOP in Pheon’s last on-line catalog), it’ll probably be commanding a “Collector” price should you find one. Wish you luck in your quest!

Offline Scaleber

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 06:17:59 PM »
Yes, I suspect that will be the case.  I think I can do most of them but the B525 on the tail.  I haven't been able to find 1/32 scale generic white letters and numbers.  That would probably get me by

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 01:35:49 AM »
You might try Googling  “Microscale 1/87 (HO?) scale White Gothic” Measuring McCudden’s B4683 from my Encore decal sheet gives figures approximately 5mm tall by 2mm wide.
Alternatively, you might look for dry-transfer (Woodland Scenics, etc) sheets. In my experience, you can rub them onto clear decal paper and apply the result as any wet transfer. It doesn’t even require clear coating of the resulting decal before application.
Hth, Rob

Offline Scaleber

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 11:07:30 AM »
Brilliant.  Many thanks indeed / Ian