Author Topic: 36 RAO - BUDIONNY'S 1st CAVALERY ARMY  (Read 643 times)

Offline Boch

36 RAO - BUDIONNY'S 1st CAVALERY ARMY
« on: July 25, 2023, 04:09:00 AM »

Hello,

Dear colleagues. I need your help. Well, I am in the process of building an aircraft from the 36th RAO from 1920 from the 1st Cavalry Army of Budyonny, during the fights in Ukraine with the Poles. RE8 Harry Tate plane with side number (still British) F3680.

Aircraft and Crew:
The Soviet crew escaped with this machine and on June 4, 1920 landed near Kiev, wanting to go to the Polish side. The pilot and the observer were taken prisoner, from what I know they escaped later and returned to the Soviets. I don't know what happened to them after that. According to one source, one of the names is Sergeyev.

Squadron:
36 RAO was formed from the transformation of the 1st Mogilev Squadron in 1919. In 1920, it was included in the air force at the disposal of Budyonny. Together with two other squadrons (24 RAO and 41 RAO) they formed the support of Budyonny's 1st Cavalry Army. I managed to find personnel depot 36 RAO but I didn't find anyone named Sergeyev there.

What do you need help with?
Every news, photos, description of the combat route, landing sites during the fights in Ukraine and Galicia, anything that will allow me to expand my knowledge about the squadron and this aircraft. Any information on the pilot, observer. Unfortunately, on the Russian pages of emptiness. I managed to find one photo of the squadron and some information about it.

I will be very grateful for any information.

Best regards
Lukasz
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 04:14:05 AM by Boch »