Author Topic: Quinta Studios  (Read 987 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Quinta Studios
« on: June 26, 2023, 11:17:30 PM »
I know, I know....as per an email I got from Hobby Nut in the US, Quinta is doing a variety of 1/48 and 1/32 wood grain prop blades and panels. Politics aside it's good to see a company embracing WWI models. Hopefully the war is in it's final stage.

Steve

Offline WD

Re: Quinta Studios
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 03:22:40 AM »
Yeah, I got that email as well, also some nice 1/72nd wood grain decals that look nice. I seriously doubt that Quinta is such a huge company that it's funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Russian Federation's defense department.

Warren

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 04:37:08 AM »
Yeah, I got that email as well, also some nice 1/72nd wood grain decals that look nice. I seriously doubt that Quinta is such a huge company that it's funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Russian Federation's defense department.

Warren

I think that’s not the point, Warren. The question is if one wants to support such a company with one‘s hard earned money. I personally don’t, but that’s each and everybody’s choice. RedFox for instance also does great 3D instrument decals and stuff. And Aviattic, Techmod, Proper Plane, HGW, Lukgraph and many others offer wood grain decals, some in 1:72 scale, too.

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 05:52:55 AM »
Hi all,
I think they're approach to wood effect decals specifically for propellers is a novel idea.
As to how easy they are to apply is debatable,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 10:12:59 PM »
Thanks Mike. I'm not sure if they function as a full on waterslide decal or you still have to glue them in place like the I/P's. Edge matching could be interesting. Part of my original point was that a relative newcomer to the industry is doing some innovative WWI items and it may encourage other companies to consider our niche part of the hobby viable.

Steve

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 05:41:43 AM »
Hi Steve,
 The Quinta decals act just like decals, but do run a little on the chunky side  ;)

Anything that helps me produce a prop is a blessing to me.

Hope you're well, old friend.

Cheers,
Quintessential Bob  :D

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 11:32:46 PM »
Good to know. Thanks for the update. They DO look quite thick on the paper.

Steve