Author Topic: Fokker Aircraft of WW1 Vol. 2 Eindeckers  (Read 1111 times)

Offline gedmundson

Fokker Aircraft of WW1 Vol. 2 Eindeckers
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:18:34 AM »
Since I was going to start a new project, I'd pulled out an old kit from my stash of the WnW Fokker E.IV. Realizing I had very little reference material on Eindeckers, I came across this book "Fokker Aircraft of WW1 Vol. 2 Eindeckers" on an Internet search, and seeing that Amazon could get it to me in three days for free shipping, decided to spend the $84 Cdn got it ordered.

It arrived an hour ago, and I've just had a chance to have a preliminary flip trough it. I have never seen a reference like it before - over 700 photos in 402 pages and some excellent colour plates by Ronnie Barr. I'm very pleased indeed, and glad I picked it up.

Cheers,
Gary

Online DaddyO

Re: Fokker Aircraft of WW1 Vol. 2 Eindeckers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 05:04:07 PM »
Nice range of books Gary.
Quite expensive, but the ones I have are pretty packed as you say.

Cheers
Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 10:27:12 PM »
I have been collecting their "Blue Max" books over the last few years and recently started the French Aces series. They are great books with the only downside being, because they are print to order, the paper quality is not the best considering the price. I've picked up one or two others and like you say, the wealth of information and profiles are impressive.

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 11:04:12 PM »
   I have several of them and can only say good things about this series. Their content is remarkable and the photo volume impressive. Yes, "pricey" but definitely worth the investment if you are looking for a single source reference on a specific subject. I found his "German Seaplane Fighters of WWI" particularly valuable as a reference.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 01:08:25 AM »
I have been collecting their "Blue Max" books over the last few years and recently started the French Aces series. They are great books with the only downside being, because they are print to order, the paper quality is not the best considering the price. I've picked up one or two others and like you say, the wealth of information and profiles are impressive.

Steve

Steve, I was not aware about the process of "print to order" and when I saw your comment I was struck with disbelief at how I could order a big book on Sunday morning and receive it three days later if that was the case. I've been living under a rock, apparently. We just watched a 9 minute YouTube video on the Amazon Manufactured To Order for books process and am amazed. And sure enough - the last page of the book says "Manufactured by Amazon.ca Bolton ON.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 06:05:51 AM »
Ha! It's spooky enough ordering a book on an afternoon and getting it the next morning let alone finding out Bolton (A small community just northwest of Toronto and about 45 minutes south of me) is the hot bed of WWI aviation publishing....errrr well...

Steve

Offline WD

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 03:16:39 AM »
I have been receiving the Blue Max series for Christmas, birthday, etc. for the last few years, and they're some of my favorite aviation books on my shelves. Simply superb in every respect.

I bought one volume of the French Aces series, and I was sorely disappointed. Glad I only bought one.

Warren

Offline James

Fokker Aircraft of WW1 Vol. 2 Eindeckers
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 11:30:11 PM »
Got this when it first came out. It very well may be THE definitive book on the Eindecker.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash