Author Topic: Commander Lloyd Breadner’s version of the 1/32 scale Academy Sopwith F. 1 Camel  (Read 814 times)

Offline cecil

I am looking for Commander Lloyd Breadner’s version of the 1/32 scale Academy Sopwith F. 1 Camel Clerget. He was a Canadian WWI ace with colourful markings which included two playing cards (King of diamonds) on the lower wings (see attached)

I already have the kit, but with a different decal set. I’d be interested in either the decals or the full kit if someone has this version.  Could swap kits if it’s of any interest.

Thx….Cecil

Offline Rob_Owens

« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 02:47:10 PM by Rob_Owens »

Offline cecil

Thanks Rob

Unfortunately its sold out... 

I do agree on the "not wasting time on an academy kit".  I have a WNW version that would work nicely, however I was hoping to find someone that wants to "dump" an academy kit with these decals since I inadvertently purchased the wrong version :-|

Much appreciated

Cecil

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Aren't the Academy and Hobbycraft kits the same thing?

Steve

Offline Rob_Owens

No, HobbyCraft 1693 Camel Le Rhône and 1694 Camel Clerget were new molds released in 2005 and are light years better than the HC1681/Academy 12109/12122 which were (I read somewhere) re-scaled copies of the 1/28 Revell kit.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Good to know. The original HC1681 was not a copy. The master was done by the late Bill Brown in Toronto. I held it in my hands before Hobbycraft got hold of it. He also did their Nieuport. They were both very fine masters but when HC sent it to Korea the molding was done quick and dirty. HC copied the Revell Dr1 twice. Once in 1/28 and later in 1/32.

Steve
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 03:57:56 AM by pepperman42 »