Author Topic: Triplane trepidations........  (Read 717 times)

Offline Allan31

Triplane trepidations........
« on: January 06, 2023, 07:33:58 AM »
So....

While rooting around on Evilbay for triplane decals, I came across a listing for a Dragon 1/48 triplane with the bust included and what looked like usable decals. The listing was for $15.00. After looking at the kinda blurry pics, I noticed some light blue plastic in the box. "That's funny....I wonder if it's..."

This has happened to me several times on Ebay. Careful poking and researching the sellers has turned up some great bargains.

Box arrived and I opened it up.....

What?.....

Yup, I was right.....

Two complete kits, one of them a hidden Revell 1/28 with what looks like usable decals.

I enjoyed the Dragon kit and was pinched I found a complete one with bust and decals for $15.00. I'm thinking it might be fun to build the Revell as they intended, light blue plastic, green streaks with Voss markings........Just what I needed.....sigh...

Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Triplane trepidations........
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 11:18:35 PM »
Well your last two of these turned out great. Tally ho!!

Steve

Offline WD

Re: Triplane trepidations........
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 06:40:51 AM »
Good deal!  I bought all of the Dragon kits that came with the busts back in the 90's, but they were about the only 1/48th WWI a/c kits going until Eduard showed up. Still, I think it was a great idea.

Warren