Author Topic: Wingnuts releases for 2013 ??  (Read 16212 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Wingnuts releases for 2013 ??
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »

Oh, BTW, . . . you've got a third proponent for the Fokker D.III.  I sense a groundswell forming.;)

Woo hoo!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
While I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what they will announce, really right now I feel almost overwhelmed with WNW kits in the queue since the Christmas rush with the new Fokkers, the Sop Tripe, etc.

I also get the occasional WW2 and Jet kit in 1/32 and there are many kits out and coming out for aircraft in those time periods that I never thought we would see in this scale (a freakin B-17? P-61?) so lots of temptation....

-Patrick

mike in calif

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
I've just gotten 3 DVIIIs, a tripe, and another DH-9a, so I'm good for a bit. I may order another one-dekker, but I'm good for the moment.I'll be looking at shows for some WNW kits, but certainly have no lack of building stock.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »
i know tval has been working on the be2e,be2c and be2f right . it stands to reason this could be sometime in the future. i hope so i like all the quirks, even the original be2a. i also think a roland cii would be sweet. i am still praying for an aviatik d.i and a dolphin. but i would also buy a halberstadt,any halbie from d.i to d.v series or cl.ii or even a cl.iv. i have 5 years worth of kits at least but i still like to fondle new plastic.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
We all like surprises, don't we? Me, I am very happy to have no clue on their future releases. I like to be taken by surprise!
That is how I got my first 32nd scale model Roden Spad VII - it was a surprise gift. That is also, how I seriously entered 32nd scale with their Pfalz D.IIIa - my WW1 favourite airplane and WNW surprise (for me at least) release. Then I bought the surprisingly released FE2b before Christmas 2011 and built it just after it. Then I bought surprisingly released Hannover before Christmas 2012 and am currently working on it. My two remaining WNW kits - Pfalz D.XII and Albatros D.V were prizes - surprisingly won.
Unlike my collection of almost 50 WW1 subjects in 72nd scale, my 32nd scale collection is just 5, plus one on the bench and one in the stash (WNW DH2). My building rate in the last 7 years dropped from 17 to 5 completions per year. So I can afford being surprised again once or twice and the chance to see WNW release a model which I already have is virtually null. So, come on, Wingnut Wings, surprise me again this year!  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:35 PM »
I cant help thinking we're spoiled rotten and I have enough for several lives of building.... ;D

Steve
I agree with Steve: 
We are a spoiled lot!  My gosh, look at what we have!  Someone just published a list of 1/32nd WWI subjects and WNW is probably the largest contributor on the block:  all of this in a matter of what?  Four or five years.  I too like the curiosity factor and am excited about what is coming, but; with shelves full of Roden and WNW 1/32nd kits I doubt I will live long enough, (I am 63) to build them all.  As someone else stated, their productivity has gone from 17 a year to 5, mine is down to about three, if I am lucky.  Ten years ago, 1/32nd WWI subjects were just a passing fancy with some odds and ends from France.  Roden was putting out some nice kits that dovetailed nicely with the WNW releases, but per usual, we got spoiled with the WNW quality and moaned and groaned about the Roden Kits.  Now, we will be lucky to ever see another WWI subject put out by Roden.  We can be cruel at times.
Now, let's build and show your completed projects on the forums for all to see.

Just my $00.02 worth

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Hannover

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:16 AM »
As far as I'm concerned WNW can release whatever they like, when ever they like. I've currently got 30 WW1 aircraft kits (plus many more others from different eras) to build and would still like to acquire 5 more WNW kits.

I also doubt whether I'll ever catch up with building them all but it'll be good fun trying and also very pleasing to acquire what ever WNW release in the future.

Besides I do like the surprise when they announce a new release. Just like the old days of walking in to Woolies and seeing the latest Airfix kit on sale.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:28 AM »
Last year he indicated Wingnut had around 50 subjects in development. Despite substantial support from this Forum for Wingnuts kits, no reason was given for declining the request, so perhaps Wingnuts just wants to share that information with a web forum which it does support?

I don't mind WnW keeping their secrets about their forthcoming releases as that's a sound business practice, but I do find the quote above to be a bit troubling. I only read and participate in this WWI aircraft forum but am I to assume from reading this that WnW has chosen to actively support other forum(s) in preference to this one?

If so, I don't understand why that would be the case as this forum is certainly vibrant, steadily increasing in popularity, and perhaps most importantly, the membership are strong supporters of WnW. Why they wouldn't support this forum escapes me, but it's their loss not to seek to foster good will on any and all forums.

Cheers,

Chris   
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »
Last year he indicated Wingnut had around 50 subjects in development. Despite substantial support from this Forum for Wingnuts kits, no reason was given for declining the request, so perhaps Wingnuts just wants to share that information with a web forum which it does support?

I don't mind WnW keeping their secrets about their forthcoming releases as that's a sound business practice, but I do find the quote above to be a bit troubling. I only read and participate in this WWI aircraft forum but am I to assume from reading this that WnW has chosen to actively support other forum(s) in preference to this one?

If so, I don't understand why that would be the case as this forum is certainly vibrant, steadily increasing in popularity, and perhaps most importantly, the membership are strong supporters of WnW. Why they wouldn't support this forum escapes me, but it's their loss not to seek to foster good will on any and all forums.

Cheers,

Chris
Not to be the fly in the ointment, but; I think these statements indicate that there are conclusions being made on assumptions that have not been verified or substantiated.  I think it is premature to make conclusions about WNW support of this forum or others based on an email that has been paraphrased.  I know that WNW also follows other forums, as do several us here on this forum.  Right now this forum is the most active of the WWI modeling forums.  I don't know why that is, but it is.  I would not want to make assumptions as to why it is or why another forum is less active, it just is.  If WNW wants to keep their releases and dates close to the chest, that is their prerogative and right.  If they don't want to put out another survey, that is also within their scope.  Personally I find surveys inconclusive because we all have our sacred cows and want to see our favorite airplane in kit form.  With 50 subjects in the pipeline, I am sure one of our sacred cows will appear within that roster.  I could connect the dots and make the assumption that previous surveys were used to establish a list of 50 kits.  But; I digress.  Let's hold off on our conclusions that are based on assumptions rather than founded in facts and evidence to support those facts.
Respectfully

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:02 AM »
Hey Bob, with this seeming mass migration of warbirds to the South Pacific, what's going to be left for me to see when I visit London this summer or next? ;)

I hope the seasonal migration of the HD.1 also results in a bunch of 1/32 replicas as well! ;D  She's on my top 5 list of desired unproduced kits in 1/32. :)

Regards,

Bob

Bob,
 When you do make it over this side of the pond you will find much to enjoy.  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 06:24:47 AM »
Whoohooo!  Thanks BVB. :)

Regards,

Bob

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 06:43:15 AM »
  Bob (BVB)
Thanks for the great Albatros interior shots my old friend. What museum is that ?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline gcn

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
I'm sure we'd all prefer looking up at it over the Bedfordshire countryside.  :(

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
  Bob (BVB)
Thanks for the great Albatros interior shots my old friend. What museum is that ?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Hi Gregory
RAF Hendon, in North West London. A second home for me  ;)

The RE.8 (out of shot) is also fully strung-up and ready for drooling  :D

Cheers,
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
THE FACTS

David Wilson posted the first comment in this topic of his own free will, he has the same rights as any other member and is allowed to voice his own opinion, there were certain aspects of the article which David sought my permission to use, I had no problems at all with him using it in it's entirety.

Just to clear a few matters up. David is 100% correct with his statement that Wingnuts do not support my forum, they never have in any way, shape or form and I have been told personally by Wingnuts that they will not be supporting my forum in the foreseeable future. Wingnuts do support other forums, I don't know how many but the ones I know of have been supported for quite some time. My forum and my website have evolved to where they are today without the help of Wingnuts so to me it matters little if Wingnuts did support me. Many of our members support Wingnuts and applaud what they have done for the WW1 modeling, the number of posts made on the forum relating to Wingnuts is proof of the support my members give Wingnuts, but every post and every build log is free advertising for Wingnuts.

Wingnuts monitor the forum on a daily basis, they would be reading every post relating to Wingnuts, looking at the build logs, finding out what kits are proving popular, all this information, which comes free to them, would be used to determine future planning and development.

David Wilson contacted Wingnuts and asked a simple question, all he wanted to do is to inform the loyal Wingnut followers on the forum of any news for 2013, he was refused a respectable answer. A follow up on last years Q and A would have been great publicity for Wingnuts but obviously they believe they don't need it.

Surveys and polls are a lot of fun, it gets the members involved with each other and with the forum, it also gives the kit manufactures an indication of what the WW1 aircraft modeler really wants. I realise that not all the aeroplanes listed in these polls will ever be made as a kit, but to people like Wingnuts it might say to them to produce the most popular asked for kit.

I commend David for taking the initiative to contact Wingnuts and ask a few simple questions, I also thank him for pointing out some facts that our members would not have been aware of.

Des.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:17:34 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com