Author Topic: Initial listing for Roden's 1/32nd SPAD XIII (late version) at Hobby Search  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Vickers

I enjoy checking this site for news and sometimes the translations are funny. Looks like Roden is going with Luke, Rickenbacker, and Nungesser. Great schemes, but I do hope to see some aftermarket decals for other subjects in the new year:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10944059?utm_source=mkt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221212_100102_rank&utm_content=10944059_img_en
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline RAGIII

Awesome News. Nicely Done Art Work. It looks as though those wanting a Luke Bird will get their wish!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Vickers

Perhaps Roden's decals have improved of late, but this seems like a good opportunity for Aviattic to reprint their excellent Luke sheet and re-release their wheels. I think that Gaspatch still has the balloon gun among their Vickers sets. I'll probably recover those items from my Hobbycraft kit an use them on this new Roden release, but I'd like to see some aftermarket decals featuring French pilots for this one. Especially the Grim Reapers of Escadrille SPA94 and the Storks, of course.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Stuart Malone

Looks like they're hitting ebay from Ukraine sellers now.

Stuart

Offline Rob_Owens

Just ordered mine from PM Store. Have been saving several 1/32 aftermarket decal sheets in anticipation of the “square wing tip” release ;D

Offline jeroen_R90S

here's a nice view of the parts:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235077887-132-spad-xiiic-by-roden-released-new-boxing-xiiic1-late-version/&do=findComment&comment=4567165
looks like quite a bit more than just the wingtips -an additional sprue with wheels, radiator, side panels, etc. as well :)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Very nice, looking forward to getting one (at least).  I think the planes and pilots do not match up on the color call out view.

Offline RAGIII

I certainly need one of these although I will have to scrounge markings as I already did the two I would have been interested in. Roden has taken the safe/ good route on markings...Aces sell kits  8) Still would love to see some of the Storks and Harold Hartney from the 27th. Looking at the parts it seems there are two new sprues.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Perhaps Roden's decals have improved of late, but this seems like a good opportunity for Aviattic to reprint their excellent Luke sheet and re-release their wheels. I think that Gaspatch still has the balloon gun among their Vickers sets. I'll probably recover those items from my Hobbycraft kit an use them on this new Roden release, but I'd like to see some aftermarket decals featuring French pilots for this one. Especially the Grim Reapers of Escadrille SPA94 and the Storks, of course.
Yes a shame the Luke set from 'Aviattic' is no longer available.
I was lucky and had the set.
The Hobby Craft kit builds into a fair model with a little bit of effort,

Mike

https://mikesww1aircraftmodels.com/spadxiii.html

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
Very nice, looking forward to getting one (at least).  I think the planes and pilots do not match up on the color call out view.

Hi Juan,
Yes they have mixed up all three descriptions between the three colour profiles.
Top is Luke, next is Rickenbacker and bottom is Nungesser.

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: Initial listing for Roden's 1/32nd SPAD XIII (late version) at Hobby Search
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 11:03:11 PM »
Judging from the UA Hobby.com link as posted on Britmodeller (https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-32-spad-xiii-c1-wwi-french-fighter-late-roden-636) the decals suffer from the same issue as the earlier edition, with those dark outlines on the roundels :(

As for the Aviattic wheels, aren't they similar to the extra set of wheels Roden includes on the second sprue?

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
Re: Initial listing for Roden's 1/32nd SPAD XIII (late version) at Hobby Search
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 08:23:56 AM »
Judging from the UA Hobby.com link as posted on Britmodeller (https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-32-spad-xiii-c1-wwi-french-fighter-late-roden-636) the decals suffer from the same issue as the earlier edition, with those dark outlines on the roundels :(

As for the Aviattic wheels, aren't they similar to the extra set of wheels Roden includes on the second sprue?

Hi Jeroen,
The 'Aviattic' wheels could be the same size and design as the kit versions, but it's hard to tell from the sprue shots.
The 'Aviattic' wheels do seem to be better detailed for the covered spokes.

Mike