Author Topic: MvR 425 engine...  (Read 560 times)

Offline Allan31

MvR 425 engine...
« on: November 13, 2022, 01:21:50 PM »
Let's just suppose for a moment I am just thinking about doing the Revell 1/28 scale DR1.

The engine in the kit has the Oberursel UR-II with the exhaust pipes on the back.

However, other online date seems to indicate it had a slightly different configuration.

My gut feeling is I don't think I should be crossing swords with the Imperial War Museum. The Museum is correct and Revellis wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline wmcgill

Re: MvR 425 engine...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 04:42:46 PM »
Let's just suppose for a moment I am just thinking about doing the Revell 1/28 scale DR1.

The engine in the kit has the Oberursel UR-II with the exhaust pipes on the back.

However, other online date seems to indicate it had a slightly different configuration.

My gut feeling is I don't think I should be crossing swords with the Imperial War Museum. The Museum is correct and Revellis wrong.

Any thoughts?

That is the back of MvR's engine. No one ever photographs the front of his engine in the museum.

Offline Allan31

Re: MvR 425 engine...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 02:40:26 AM »
Head slap.....

Duh !!  As my much better half always says, "It's only the merely obvious you have a problem with".

Thanks...
Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.