Author Topic: Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia  (Read 1415 times)

Offline James

Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia
« on: September 21, 2022, 12:43:43 AM »
The new Kotare Models 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia is now available for preorder.

https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-mid

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Umlaufmotor

Re: Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:48:37 AM »
Just preordered.  8)

Servus
Bertl

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 12:30:41 PM »
Me too !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 03:19:54 AM »
Thought about this for a long time. With shipping it ends up being $191C but then a Tamiya 1/32 kit goes for around that. I guess the tough part was- is it 3X better than the recent Revell kit? I decided to go ahead because I think a small, dedicated venture like this deserves support. They are willing to take all the risks and if they succeed then the future holds all sorts of potential. So do we need another Spitfire?........yeah we need another Spitfire.....

Steve

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 01:50:25 PM »
i finally preordered one... main reason i hesitated is i worry it will arrive while i'm traveling, but i want to support them and order directly from them.

i had some trouble with the website taking my address, Richard emailed me a workaround.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 12:54:03 AM »
Hopefully it ships soon. A local store is taking preorders for January.

Steve

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »
Hopefully it ships soon. A local store is taking preorders for January.

Steve
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Steve: Kotare sent out this email earlier today.
Back in September 2021, when we announced K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) was going to be available before the end of 2022, we were pretty sure that this timeline would work out OK. And it very nearly did. But unfortunately it didn’t. Numerous factors have contributed to this, but the main ones are:

1 - The final pre-production samples showed up a few areas that we felt we needed to improve (mostly fit, but some details) before we considered it good enough to release, because you deserve nothing less than the very best quality model that we can provide. Unfortunately, this took a lot longer than we expected.

2 - Various Covid related delays in China which have had some surprising affects to the supply chain etc. In particular is has proven a lot more difficult to get the high quality Cartograf decals delivered from Italy to the factory in China.         

3 - The pre-order response (and the response from our international distribution partners) has proven to be even more enthusiastic than we expected. This is a good problem to have, but the result is a much larger production run than we initially planned for, and this in turn takes a lot more time.    

For all these reasons it now looks like K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) will not now be available to ship until February/March 2023, with stock arriving at international distribution partners in due course. The biggest deciding factor in whether it will be February or March will be how much production can be completed before China closes down for Chinese New Year in mid-January. We hope you will understand.

As an additional reward for our pre-order customers, we have added a free gift of 32P001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid & Late) 3Dprint exhausts for each K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) pre-order (this includes existing pre-orders and future pre-orders right up until the actual release date). This is in addition to the exclusive free Darryl Legg box art print suitable for framing. We expect to have 32P001 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid & Late) 3Dprint exhausts available separately later in 2023 with an expected MSRP of US$12.99.

Please note that customers placing pre-orders through www.kotare-models.com are assured to amongst the very first people in the world to receive their K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) model (and art print and exhausts). In almost all cases this will be well ahead of our international distribution partners.

We have also updated the instructions on our website to represent the final print version.
https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-mid

Of course, anyone wishing to cancel a previously placed pre-order can do so for a refund. Please simply email [email protected] and we’ll do that for you, but pleased understand that there might be a bit of a delay in processing these requests.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Cheers
Richard
Zac in NZ

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 02:06:59 AM »
Boo. All well

Steve