Author Topic: Aloha from Hawaii  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Glenn Boss

Aloha from Hawaii
« on: September 06, 2022, 06:51:53 AM »
My name is Glenn and I am excited to join the WW1 Aircraft Models forum. I am a husband to my lovely wife, a business owner, rock climber, and cat herder, among other things. I am an avid scale modeler with a focus on WW1 German aircraft. This interest started when as a kid, I read Lou Cameron's Iron Men With Wooden Wings. And when I learned of the flamboyant color schemes prevalent in the Luftstreitkrafte, I found my primary modeling niche. I have served as the Hawaii IPMS chapter president and attended several IPMS National shows, although none recently. As my wife is English, we have attended one Scale Model World Show in Telford.

Regardless of subject or scale, I appreciate fellow model builders and historians for their efforts to bring history to life in their own way. We all become richer by sharing knowledge and experiences, and I thank the contributors to the WW1 Aircraft Models forum for their generosity and support of all members.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Aloha from Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 07:41:53 AM »
    Nice to see you here Glenn and welcome to THE best and friendliest Aircraft Modeling Site on the globe. Sounds like the perfect place to a person of your interests and experience and don't hesitate to post some "samples" of your work until now.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 10:53:32 AM »
Welcome aboard Glenn, it's great to have you here!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 11:11:36 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Glenn. I am sure you will enjoy your time spent here!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 03:01:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum Glen.
Look forward to seeing some German aircraft from you.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 09:37:07 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Glenn! It's great to have you with us now and I hope you enjoy the friendship and support of our global family of WW1 modellers.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com