Author Topic: Copper State Models hints at a Siemens Schuckert D.1 kit  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Copper State Models hints at a Siemens Schuckert D.1 kit
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 03:27:13 AM »
I would up for a SSW D.I . Perhaps not a full kit but a conversion to the line they have now , just a thought .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online petrov27

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 10:49:34 PM »
Its an interesting choice to be sure; I can see it if they are able to reuse much of the already completed tooling from their current Nieuport kits but still not sure they would sell very many of them. I would mostly likely purchase one to support them.
-Patrick

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 01:11:11 AM »
A little off the original topic here, but speaking of the Alb DIII, rather than a new kit from CSM how about a resin conversion set (Sets ?) for OEF versions to accompany their very good Daimler engine (which needs a repop-currently unavailable).

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 01:36:38 AM »
A little off the original topic here, but speaking of the Alb DIII, rather than a new kit from CSM how about a resin conversion set (Sets ?) for OEF versions to accompany their very good Daimler engine (which needs a repop-currently unavailable).
Ed

Yes, please. I'd defo buy them.
Aviattic already do the sworl camo decals and Gaspatch, the Schwarzlose guns.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 02:30:26 AM »
Ed

Yes, please. I'd defo buy them.
Aviattic already do the sworl camo decals and Gaspatch, the Schwarzlose guns.

Very good points! I agree.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 08:54:30 PM »
I would second a D.III conversion set to the OEFFAG version with a 200 HP Daimler engine and a round nose!

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2022, 07:33:13 PM »
I would second a D.III conversion set to the OEFFAG version with a 200 HP Daimler engine and a round nose!

Me too!
Judging by the many times the OEFFAG Albatrossen gets a mention, there is clearly an interest. I'm surprised no manufacturer has acted on it yet.

//Mikael
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 08:12:20 PM »
I'd be up for one with swirl and Polish markings!!

Cheers
Andrew

Offline Monty

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2022, 03:10:27 AM »
Bit of thread drift here, but some interesting suggestions! But just to return to a SS D1 1/32 model; The engine prop and cowling would be new mouldings; all the struts are different with metal interiors and wood fairings and shorter interplane struts; also the undercarriage legs may be longer, I'm not sure due to a bigger prop; also there are louvres behind the cowling in the fuselage sides. A Spandau is needed. This is quite a lot of new tooling. Just thinking, and really willing to discuss! Regards, Marc