Author Topic: Blue Max movie Fokker....  (Read 744 times)

Offline Allan31

Blue Max movie Fokker....
« on: May 27, 2022, 08:27:07 AM »
This post may have a better place but my thinking is you guys would know. I did a search here but found nothing.

This mornings rabbit hole brought me to pics of the Triplane built and used in the movie.

It has had a long a storied existence and last I knew, was found and going to be restored.

And now the www yields nothing I can find.

Does anyone know anything about this classic today?

Curious minds want to know......
Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Blue Max movie Fokker....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »
Hi Allan

This link provides some fascinating info on the making of The Blue Max and mentions the Fokker Dr.1 saga too.

http://www.donhollway.com/bluemax/

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 03:35:13 AM »
Thanks Dave, a very nice article. I got to revisit some things I knew about the film, and learned some new things.  :)

According to the article, the Tripe is still in private hands awaiting its day to take the skies again.

WD

Offline Allan31

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 12:11:27 AM »
Thanks Dave,
I had found that page and saved it, wonderful stuff there.
I'm amazed that there seems to be no posts anywhere on the WWW about this particular iconic aircraft.....
Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline WD

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 12:36:36 AM »
Thanks Dave,
I had found that page and saved it, wonderful stuff there.
I'm amazed that there seems to be no posts anywhere on the WWW about this particular iconic aircraft.....

Well, none lately. The Aerodrome and other places were aflame with it a little over ten years ago, but as the article says, the a/c got taken home. It's put away somewhere. The owner evidently doesn't want to post about it.

WD

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 06:41:33 AM »
Hopefully all will be revealed in due course as it's a fascinating saga and I, for one, hope it resurfaces in its film scheme.

Speaking of The Blue Max, it shouldn't be forgotten Sir Peter Jackson/TVAL has three replicas built for the film here in NZ!
A Rousseau Aviation DVII-65:
1accfdb5-3beb-4060-ab1f-354edbefec0c_zpsfqf3ukmn_35514330092_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr

and both Pfalzes, the Tiger-Moth based, Doug Bianchi/Personal Plane Services example :
dsc_0282_35553347641_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr

and the more accurate (but currently ground-bound) Viv Bellamy/Hampshire Aeroplane Club version, possibly my favourite biplane in existence:
Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr
jpi_35571769871_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr
f46a9265-d3e9-4cc1-b01b-280d7101cadd_zpstvpucykm_35683490425_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Zac in NZ