Author Topic: Updated Revell 1/72 Dr.I  (Read 534 times)

Online Rick_H

Updated Revell 1/72 Dr.I
« on: May 13, 2022, 03:57:53 PM »
1)  Does anyone know when Revell updated the old Dr.I molds that dated back to 1966?  I recognized that kit by the unequal ailerons.

I have here a Revell Germany box dated 2003, in which the molds have been completely revised.  The new one has interior detail, improved cowling, improved guns, reduced lacing on the wings, etc, etc.  I even checked to see if this was the Eduard kit in a Revell box, but no, not the same.  So again, my question is whether this German Revell kit #04116 of 2003 is the only updated issue, or did I miss the change in a previous box?

2)  And while on the topic of the really old 1966 issue, it has horrid press-on wheels, with very clunky axles, no tire detail on the inboard side.  What are folks doing about replacing or correcting those wheels?  I had a couple of XtraParts packs, but they will run out long before my (*&*^$ original Revell kits run out.

Thanks,
Rick in Seattle

Offline Radarman

Re: Updated Revell 1/72 Dr.I
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 11:52:13 PM »
Rick,
The Revell kit number 04116 was released in 2003 as a new tool kit. As far as the wheels of the old kit, I would make resin copies
of the wheels from the new release and use them on the old one.

Kevin in Port Orchard
We are all victims of history!