Author Topic: purchasing from america  (Read 1535 times)

masterKamera

purchasing from america
« on: April 26, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »
What are the genuine issues when ordering from the factory from say Omega or Copper State? Cant find them sold in the united states, and Omega has some very rare planes as kits.

Offline enathan

Re: purchasing from america
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »
Hi, I order directly from Omega Models with no issues at all. I'm in Israel but I don't think your location matters.
It usually takes a few weeks as resin kits are produced to order but that's no issue. 
Shipping from the Czech Republic is relatively cheap and the kits have sturdy boxes and are very well packed.
You can order from the website but I've never tried it, I usually write to Milan - [email protected]

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 02:00:19 AM »
Sprue Brothers carries Copper State Models but not necessarily everything. The only issue with ordering direct from Copper State is the shipping. You need to use the more expensive option so it makes sense to order a fairly large amount of stuff. JMHO.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

masterKamera

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 03:03:27 AM »
ive tried purchasing things from europe before but never did because the shipping and VAT crappola was making it a might prohibitive and often times doubling or tripling the price of things.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 06:49:44 AM »
Like Rick said Sprue Brothers carries Copper State Models.  I usually purchase direct from CSM as they have free shipping if your order is over 100 Euros (usually two 1/32 kits or three 1/35 kits).  Here in the United States we do not get the VAT hit that others experirnce.

masterKamera

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »
Like Rick said Sprue Brothers carries Copper State Models.  I usually purchase direct from CSM as they have free shipping if your order is over 100 Euros (usually two 1/32 kits or three 1/35 kits).  Here in the United States we do not get the VAT hit that others experirnce.

That must be a new change, as not having to deal with VAT will make them even more enjoyable once i get my skills up.

Offline JimF

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 04:56:56 AM »

VAT is not charged on items purchase for shipping to the US. Buying model rail items from the UK years ago, the VAT deduction most often covered the postage.

Offline WD

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 08:27:42 AM »

VAT is not charged on items purchase for shipping to the US. Buying model rail items from the UK years ago, the VAT deduction most often covered the postage.

Not only that, I've found that in buying from the UK or Europe, those of us in automatically get a lower price. I know Hannant's does this, Arma Hobby does this, etc.

WD

Online James

purchasing from America
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 07:44:38 PM »
rebelalpha - Scott's Model Workshop on ebay, carry Copper State, cheaper than Sprue Brothers I might add, and all sorts of other non-mainstream manufacturers. I have dealt with him many times and purchased many times, and he's a stand up dude.

I have no affiliation whatsoever, just passing along the info.

https://www.ebay.com/str/scottsmodelworkshop?norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-153677-346401-4&mkcid=2&keyword=&crlp=560045938074_&MT_ID=&geo_id=&rlsatarget=dsa-19959388920&adpos=&device=c&mktype=&loc=9028042&poi=&abcId=&cmpgn=15214202782&sitelnk=&adgroupid=128195422263&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CjwKCAjwy_aUBhACEiwA2IHHQIOCQi_Iod8R2B8OJVnB8Q8B0U2RbTnY2OXfEy-xtzId8iImhQGtKRoC4KYQAvD_BwE

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 11:18:50 PM »
I'd like to reiterate what James said about Scott/rebelalpha. I've dealt with him many times over the years, and he's a class act 100%.

WD

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 04:24:55 AM »
I'd like to reiterate what James said about Scott/rebelalpha. I've dealt with him many times over the years, and he's a class act 100%.

WD

I'll add the same endorsement for Scott.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.