Author Topic: 1/32 Camel decals needed!  (Read 1602 times)

Offline SimonCornes

1/32 Camel decals needed!
« on: March 22, 2022, 01:07:04 AM »
Help!!
I have just acquired a built Wingnut BR1 Camel finished in Roy Brown's markings. The builder had not used varnish to secure the decals with the result that the top surface roundels are lifting and cracked!
I think the only option is to carefully remove them and then varnish the wing and do it properly. Not easy as its assembled and rigged but I think it should be okay. Does anyone have a spare set of upper surface roundels for said Camel that they can let me have please?

Please PM me if you can help,
Many thanks in advance

Simon

Offline SimonCornes

Re: 1/32 Camel decals needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 06:29:41 AM »
An update. I am now actually doing the renovation and it’s not just the top surface roundels, the undersurface roundels are also cracked and falling off!! Can anyone help me with a generic set of Camel roundels please? I am contemplating buying an Academy Camel just for the decals!!

Simon

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 08:12:17 PM »
I gave up and ordered an Academy Camel in the hope that the roundels will be the right size!!

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 11:50:34 PM »
I wonder if Pheon or Aviattic might have anything suitable? I don’t think Pheon’s website is working these days though??

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 07:30:38 AM »
Aviattic’s catalog shows no 1/32 RFC/RAF roundels, and Pheon has been hors de combat (one hope’s only temporarily) for some time now. If you can find it, NovaScale’s 1/32 Pup sheet has wing roundels of approximately 47 mm diameter. I don’t know the correct diameter for the Camel, as I sold my last kit and aftermarket decal sheet ages ago.

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
Thanks Rob. I asked Richard at Aviattic and it’s really a matter of cost versus return. Apparently a standard roundel
takes 5 silk screens and it’s correspondingly expensive. I suppose that most of them time the kit markings are adequate and it’s only the odd occasion where a generic decal sheet would be useful but I was very impressed by the quality of the decals in the Academy kit. The chances are that a bespoke decal sheet would have cost more than the kit but now I have a kit I wouldn’t mind building but I don’t have a complete decal sheet for it. Chucks!