Author Topic: Reintroduction  (Read 823 times)

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
Reintroduction
« on: March 21, 2022, 09:45:36 AM »
Hello everyone!
  This a reintroduction of sorts. I haven't really been building WW1 aircraft for the last couple of years. Barbara and I sold the big house in the trees in the Bremerton area(Wa. state) about six years ago.
We downsized to a senior mobile park in McCleary, Wash. (Google "nowhere" and you'll find McCleary!)  In the model building area, I returned to the One True Hobby. Narrow Gauge Model Railroading.
Why, you say? Downsizing for me means less space and that makes for tough choices. I have my own hobby room, but it's a fraction the size of my former studio. There is simply no space for a lot of
dust collecting static models. With model railroading, your models are living and moving in their own environment. Of course, I chose to create the Southern Pacific Narrrow Gauge in 3/16 scale (Sn3)  So, Everything must be scratch-built, just the way I like it. I am still interested WW1 aircraft, however.  When I saw the Merit 1/24 Fokker Dr1, I had to have one. As some of you may remember, I have always had a low opinion of plastic model kits. But once in a great while, a real jewel emerges, that has real possibilities. The Merit 1/24 Fokker Dr1 is simply the best airplane kit in years. Of course, there are many areas for improvements. As a way back to WW1 modeling, I'd like to build one to share with the Forum.
Thank you All.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Reintroduction
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »
Welcome back Pietro

If you have purchased the Merit 1/24 Fokker Dr.1 you might want to consider the Meng 1/24 Dr.1 kit. This was being developed for Wingnut Wings and is regarded as an outstanding 1/24 model.

We'd like to see your build and hope it gives you plenty of enjoyment.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Radarman

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 02:51:04 PM »
Pietro,
Welcome back to the forum. Weren’t you scratch building a
Curtiss Jenny in 1/32nd scale? Anyway, I look forward to your
build of which ever Fokker Triplane you chose.

Kevin near Port Orchard WA
We are all victims of history!

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 04:22:53 PM »
Dave, I misspoke, it was the Meng kit I was referring to.
Harry

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
Hi Harry

The Meng 1/24 Fokker Dr.1 is an outstanding kit. I got the special edition with the Blue Max medal.

Enjoy your build and please share it with us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com