Author Topic: Not Bayou  (Read 948 times)

mbittner

Not Bayou
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:12:42 PM »
I hope this post is acceptable.

Glad to see Brad's review of the Eduard 1/72 Nie.17 pop back up. Just wanted to say, though, new research shows that the first profile - with the "lizard/serpent/dragon" on the side - is no longer attributed to Bayou. Unfortunately it's now unknow whom the crate belonged to, but it's thought it was still in the same Escadrille, N77.

Offline WD

Re: Not Bayou
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:50:13 AM »
Really??  I didn't know that. I've missed out on something somewhere Matt.

WD

mbittner

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 09:52:54 PM »
The superlative French Aces Encyclopedia Vol. 1 put out by Aeronaut Books mentioned that. (There are a total of eight books in the "encyclopedia".) Bayou's personal Nie.17 had a caricature of a Dachshund painted on it.

Offline WD

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 10:00:10 AM »
The superlative French Aces Encyclopedia Vol. 1 put out by Aeronaut Books mentioned that. (There are a total of eight books in the "encyclopedia".) Bayou's personal Nie.17 had a caricature of a Dachshund painted on it.

Well, that explains it. Their website is woefully terrible in terms of seeing what's currently on offer. I cannot find it anywhere on their website. I do remember someone once saying that their website was far, far out of date. I suppose finding out what they're actually publishing is a hit or miss. I've only found out about some titles because someone here on this board brought it to our attention.

Thanks for the heads up.

WD

Offline James

Not Bayou
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 10:40:15 PM »
You can find all Aeronaut publications on Amazon. Most, but not all on Byrd Aviation Books website

www.byrdaviationbooks.com

Hope this helps,

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 09:21:25 AM »
Thank you James, but I usually only order books from Amazon as a last resort for various and sundry reasons, chief among them being that I want more of my monies going towards the author and publisher instead of lining corporate pockets, etc.

I got a list of current titles from Mr. Herris.

Again, thanks for the coming to my rescue sir.

WD