Author Topic: Experience ordering directly from HPH Models?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline iamjohnsname

Experience ordering directly from HPH Models?
« on: February 26, 2022, 09:02:32 AM »
Hello,

I ordered HPH's 1/32 Macchi M5 and was sent an invoice to pay via Paypal, which I did, but have not received any other confirmation or emails from them, despite repeatedly reaching out.

Can anyone else share their experience purchasing from them directly?

Thanks for your help,

-- John

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Experience ordering directly from HPH Models?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 09:12:44 AM »
They also have a Facebook page, perhaps try contacting them via that? I looked at the website but there was no news there of any issues re orders.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline iamjohnsname

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 09:48:31 AM »
Thanks Dave, I gave them a shot on Facebook and heard from them initially saying they would email me, but they haven't. Tried there again and no response.

Offline chunks

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 01:55:27 PM »
I'm getting a "Cannot enter this store from your country" msg just trying to view the 1/48 DO X (USA).  I used to go there just to admire the 1/18th models on display..

Offline iamjohnsname

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 12:35:43 PM »
I finally found an email address which got a response from Katerina, who posted my item immediately and it has arrived and is beautiful!

The site works for me here in Australia, Chunks. But my browser does warn me that it is "insecure". Whatever that means.

Offline Ranger822

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 12:36:19 PM »
I know this is a little late in responding, but I have ordered from HPH fairly recently.   The website seems to work well for ordering but the response to e-mails has been spotty. 

I found two ways to contact HPH:

The first is their webmail info address: [info AT hphmodels.com]

The second is to Kateria Semberova: [semberova AT hphmodels.cz]

The only email address I could a a response from was Katerina. Once she replied everything got sorted out with my order.  There seems to be two things that make replies not so good or timely according to Katerina; 1) they are a small company, 2) they have trouble with their internet and website.

When I ordered a large 1/48 scale model (B-52H), I had to agree to commit to a purchase without knowing the shipping charges.  This felt a bit risky but I went ahead and did it and really it was not an issue.  Shipping was reasonable for a large heavy package & international.  The package arrive in very quckly and was well wrapped with a black waterproof plastic outer wrapping. 

My adivce is if you have questions or need to communicate with someone about something, be prepared to send several e-mails before get a response.  Once you reach Katerina, all will be well.

Interestingly, today I received an unsolicited package from HPH. It appears to be a duplicate 1/48 B-52H shipment.  So, lets see how hard it is to get in touch with Karterina and get this back to them.  I am not sure how it happeed, but my order was filled over four months ago.  So, something must have really gone haywire with their database or stock and orders.  And as much I would like to get a free B-52, I only have enough space to have one and my wife is already saying I am pushing it, hehehe.

Offline Ranger822

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 02:38:36 AM »
It took less than 12 hours for Katerina to reply - so nothing wrong with HPH e-mail response now.  However, the [info AT hphmodels.com] bounced.  So, yeah I think it they have some challenges.  I recommend directing e-mails to Katerina.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:55:46 AM by Ranger822 »