Author Topic: Strut pulleys on DH-2  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Strut pulleys on DH-2
« on: February 21, 2022, 02:12:33 PM »
I'm trying to find clear photo's or even drawings on the strut pulleys for the flight controls ?

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

Re: Strut pulleys on DH-2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 02:42:38 AM »
I checked the WNW AMC DH2 archive photos. The third to last photo when enlarged is about as good as it gets...which isn't great  ::)
RAGIII

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3038&cat=1
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:58:51 PM »
Ever had one of those moments where it hits you hard out of no where from left field or Arnold Horseshack ..Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! knowing it will be be a smart ass comment to something Epstein did , well I promise now of that here . Other then a blond moment which took a few hours to figure out that WNW still has this info ( hand to forehead ) I hold true to my roots !

Thanks Rick , I was able to get a ruff idea and placement of the pulleys , should be easy to make these .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 04:47:03 PM »
Alexis, in the WNW manual there is a picture, see the lowest on this page:

Here you see the pulley D13. May be in real this are two pulleys because of the double wire control.

I scratched them in 1/48 on my Stripdown:

Cheers,
Frank

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 02:15:46 AM »
I'm trying to find clear photo's or even drawings on the strut pulleys for the flight controls ?

Alexis
Unfortunately I can't help, but TVAL has a Walt Redfern-built DH.2 replica on display at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. Perhaps some Googling for "Omaka DH2" or "ZK-JOJ" may be yield a result or two? I have friends down there - I'll see what I can chase up. Where are the pulleys located?
Zac in NZ

Offline Beto

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 03:50:15 AM »
Unfortunately I can't help, but TVAL has a Walt Redfern-built DH.2 replica on display at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. Perhaps some Googling for "Omaka DH2" or "ZK-JOJ" may be yield a result or two? I have friends down there - I'll see what I can chase up. Where are the pulleys located?

TVAL has also built two perfect rotary powered replicas of the DH.2, but we only have enjoyed a glimpse of one of them, uncovered, in the documentary about Peter Jackson and his collection of WWI related artifacts. See minute 1:03 here...

https://youtu.be/7gmZ9X9Aplk

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »
Thank-you all , very useful info  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 06:09:24 AM »
If you can post a photo or two of the particular locations you need more detail on I'll ask my friends in Omaka to pop over and take photos of the Redfern replica for you  8)

TVAL has also built two perfect rotary powered replicas of the DH.2, but we only have enjoyed a glimpse of one of them, uncovered, in the documentary about Peter Jackson and his collection of WWI related artifacts.
I believe they were built by another, overseas firm for TVAL - hopefully all will be revealed when Sir Peter is able  :)
Zac in NZ