Author Topic: Taurus Models: Coming Back Soon  (Read 1270 times)

Offline RAGIII

Taurus Models: Coming Back Soon
« on: January 09, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »
I saw a post on FB today that Taurus is soon to be back up and running  :)
RAGIII
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 03:41:46 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline the great waldo

Re: Taurus Models
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 10:11:06 PM »
Hi Rag
Gotta a link to that snippet of info ?
Cheers
Andrew

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 10:11:57 PM »
Hope so

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 12:40:37 AM »
Hi Rag
Gotta a link to that snippet of info ?
Cheers
Andrew

I will check today. for a link.  Basically  it showed his New Taurus " Headquarters" and mentioned He would be back, and said He would Focus on Engines.
RAGIII

The post was easy to find, I looked at the WNW Fans page on FB and it was right at the top. That being said I cant figure out how to turn it into a link. I think this link will take you to the WNW Fans page and the post is near the top of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115991888428471

PS: Here is a copy and paste of the Text from the post. As it was public I see no issue with sharing it here:

"As you know, the TaurusModels was inactive for almost two years. The main reason was Covid and problems with shipping. But it was not the only reason. During this time I built a new house and moved to another city. This also required moving the Taurus: making a new workshop and casting room. Today I can say: it’s finally done! I’ve just finished a new TaurusModels “headquarters.” I can say that it is a much better place than my previous workshop. Over 50 square meters of workspace, more than ten meters of the workbench, fully specialized casting room. All made based on my earlier experiences, thus much more convenient, handy, and convenient.
Now I can go back to my work. TaurusModels website will be launched very soon with a few new products. Currently, I’m working on the Gnome Lambda engine for Pup. This engine will be ready soon – most of the parts are ready. Also, some accessories will be available. As a first, a set of rivets: from 0.25mm to 1mm (will ultimately be done sizes to 1.7mm).
Next, I’m going to focus on engines. As detailed engines as possible. Oberursel UI, U0, UIII, Gnome 100hp will be retooled. Also, Oberursel UrII will be prepared soon. All the engines will be available as separate models and as upgrades for existing kits.
Wait for pictures from Taurus 😊"

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:01:46 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 03:39:09 AM »
Please forgive my ignorance as it's been a while since I've seen the Taurus name on the forum: does he work exclusively in 1/32, or does he cover other scales also?
Zac in NZ

Offline fruibal

Re: Taurus Models: Coming Back Soon
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 04:30:41 AM »
They make mostly 1/32 WWI accessories for airplanes (engine spark plugs, valves, engines themselves, etc), although there are limited products in 1/48

Bughunter

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 04:51:09 AM »
Zac, have a look here (this is the old homepage, as Rick mentioned there will be a new one):
http://www.taurusmodels.pl/

Cheers,
Frank

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 05:29:34 AM »
Hi Rag
Thanks I found it, boy is that workspace tidy. I can't even see the floor in my workshop !!
Cheers
Andrew

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 09:22:47 AM »
This is good news indeed!  Hope he can keep prices reasonable.

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 10:40:21 AM »
Suggestion  Offer a 1/32 scale le rhone 9C 80 hp radial engine kit. A number of 1/32 model  kit engines aren't very accurate

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 04:59:19 AM »
Thank you gents, I really appreciate it! I'm beginning to lean toward 1/48 for most of my Great War-related builds so it seems he has something for everyone!
Zac in NZ