Author Topic: Morane-Saulnier N R.F.C. Serial No. A186 - Toné Hippolyte Paul Bayetto  (Read 7227 times)

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
Outstanding Kent, simply spectacular work. This is a brilliantly made model.

I am really happy this model has helped you in your recuperation after your operation.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Thank you Dave, although it took me some six month to get this one done, it was worth it!
Especially the last month I'm beginning to feel like myself again! Thank you again for this opportunity!

Cheers: Kent

Offline kkarlsen

Great result, Kent.  I don't think the weathering is overboard - looks right.

Thanks for the comments on the weathering/dirt/smoke - I think the original plane of Hippolyte looks even more 'mucked' up  ;)

Offline kkarlsen

Having recently done this kit in the same scheme I can say you've done a magnificent job here Kent. Your rigging is particularly realistic and I really like the weathering as well. If this is any indication I'd say your recuperation has come along in leaps and bounds, well done and my sincere compliments, I know the challenges as I have a Son who suffered a brain injury.
Regards,
Lance

Your very kind, thank you Lance. It has been very difficult indeed, how is your son now?
I guess I have been lucky, it looks like there will be no long term effects other than some speech difficulties.
Well that won't keep me from modelling  ;)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Thank you as well Kent. My Son has had a long (ten years now) journey however he's made progress in all areas. He's improved overall but his original injury was classified as severe (He was in a coma not expected to recover for a little over a month) He is now classified as disabled and thanks mostly to his spouse is living a reasonably comfortable life. Life is never a "cake walk", is it? That's just wonderful news on your prognosis, keep carving that plastic!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Hello Kent

I sent a link for your build thread to Special Hobby and they are so excited by your build they want to show it- credited to you- on their official blog.

It's fantastic to see our Forum members being valued like this by the hobby manufacturers and also strengthens the Forum's connection with the hobby industry.

I have also just sent a link to Bertl's astonishing Morane Saulnier build to Special Hobby to show what can be achieved with their kits and Special Hobby have advised they want to feature Bertl's build too.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:21:50 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
This is truly a beautiful build Kent.

And that your build is shown and credited by Special Hobby is well deserved!

Willem

Offline Syd Solo

A most excellent model. I tip my hat to you, sir!

Offline macsporran

Beautiful model, Kent. Inspirational.
Sandy

Offline Dirigible-Al

Kent
I can only repeat what everyone else has said. I have built a Morane Saulnier N and it doesn't look as good as this. On a separate note you must have the worlds smallest paintbrush to do the eyeballs, buttons and badge on the figure.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline kkarlsen

Thank you Lance, Dave W, Willem, Syd Solo, Sandy & Alan.
That's really encouraging..

Hello Kent

I sent a link for your build thread to Special Hobby and they are so excited by your build they want to show it- credited to you- on their official blog.

It's fantastic to see our Forum members being valued like this by the hobby manufacturers and also strengthens the Forum's connection with the hobby industry.

I have also just sent a link to Bertl's astonishing Morane Saulnier build to Special Hobby to show what can be achieved with their kits and Special Hobby have advised they want to feature Bertl's build too.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Since you have send the pictures to Special Hobby, I wanted to make a better 'frontpage' for the Morane Type N:

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Great presentation!!

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Oh my , that is spectacular Kent  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Love the poppy photo, Kent!
Everything looks real!

Well done.
Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Beautiful photos of a beautiful build, Kent!
Zac in NZ

Online RAGIII

Just when One thinks it can't get any better it does! Excellent base and display!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler