Author Topic: Forum Poll results: What new WW1 kits would you like Special Hobby to produce?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Our poll on what new kits members would like Special Hobby to produce is now complete and the results are clear.

The most wanted 1/32nd scale kit is a Hanriot HD.1/2.
Most wanted in 1/48 scale is the RE8 and in 1/72 scale the most wanted are a Spad VII and Nieuport 28.

The top five wants as tallied by Rick Geisler are:

1.Hanriot HD1/2 - 20 votes.
2.Breguet XIV - 10 votes
3.Halberstadt DII - 10 votes so actually tied for 2nd.
4.Albatros DIII OEF. - 10 votes so again still pretty much tied.
5.BE2 - 8 votes

1/48th:

1.RE8 - 6 votes
2.Sopwith Pup - 4 votes
3.Hannover CLIII - 3 votes
4. Caproni CAIII -3 votes so virtually tied with #3
5 Jenny, Hannover CLII, Voisin III, Avro 504, Farman, and Caudron RII all had  2 votes

1/72nd:

1. SPAD VII - 4 votes
2. Nieuport 28 - 4 votes so tied with #1
3.Roland CII - 3 votes
4. Sopwith Pup - 3 votes
5. Morane N - 3 votes

I will forward these results to Special Hobby.

Our thanks to everyone who took part and my sincere thanks to Rick Geisler for tallying the votes for us.

And stay tuned for another poll coming soon folks, again an opportunity to influence a manufacturer's production choices!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup7309

Hi Just curious, if there was any more news on the Hanriot being produced? Thanks:)
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
No decision has been made to produce a 1/32 Hanriot but Special Hobby ( and others) are aware of its popularity among WW1 modellers.

In 1/32 scale right now our immediate hopes rest on Roden, Copper State Models and Lukgraph, all of whom are producing new WW1 kits. However I'm not aware of any of them committing to a Hanriot- yet.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com