Author Topic: Model Airways 1/16th Scale Albatros D.Va (Slow Build)  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Grant

Re: Model Airways 1/16th Scale Albatros D.Va (Slow Build)
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2022, 10:19:17 PM »
Sorry for the long absence,  was sick with covid for sometime but im on the up swing now an feeling stronger each day. As far as this build goes im going to put it on my "to do later list" just not up to it. I haven't built a plastic kit in 20 years so I think all jump back into this aspect of model building, something a little more relaxing.

Anyway, just wanted to give you an update.

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2022, 05:12:35 AM »
Grant, I'm so sorry to hear of your recent illness but very glad to hear you're well on the mend. Welcome back!

I know the feeling of jumping into a big exciting project only to become disheartened that my skills weren't up to the task. I know you'll be be back on this in due time, and I'm excited to see what builds you share with us in the meantime  :)
Zac in NZ

Online RAGIII

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2022, 06:40:31 AM »
I am happy to hear you are recovering from your COVID Bout! Sorry you have gone through it however!! I Look forward to wen you feel up to continuing this excellent build!!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »
Great to know you're out of this nightmare Grant, I wish you a fast recovery!

Antonio

Offline Grant

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2022, 03:52:07 AM »
Thanks everyone and it definitely feels good to be healthy again.

Offline FAf

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2022, 03:01:54 AM »
Good to hear your recovering from your covid infection. And sometimes the best decision is to let something rest until you feel like it again. We'll be here waiting.
/Fredrik

Offline Beto

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2022, 06:21:15 PM »
Sorry for the long absence,  was sick with covid for sometime but im on the up swing now an feeling stronger each day. As far as this build goes im going to put it on my "to do later list" just not up to it. I haven't built a plastic kit in 20 years so I think all jump back into this aspect of model building, something a little more relaxing.

Anyway, just wanted to give you an update.

Got exactly the same feeling about this kit when I bought it. Studied the plans and started thinking "99% of this stuff will have to be scratchbuilt" - And put it into long-term storage. Plus, in my example, both the engine block and the oil sump were badly warped.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2022, 01:42:02 AM »
   Good decision to take a break Grant, and glad to hear you've recovered from the dreaded COVID. Enjoy a plastic Kit or two and return to this project when the "fun" is back!
All the "Very best"!
Lance