Author Topic: Looking for information on Albatros C.XV interior does anyone have an ARMO kit?  (Read 683 times)

Offline davecww1

Hi everyone,
Been a while since I've logged in here.  I'm trying to find a drawing that shows the interior layout of the Albatros C.XV as I need to scratchbuild one for an old vacuform kit I'm working on.  Does anyone have the  AIRMO MODELS ALBATROS C.XV kit? 
this was a 1/72 scale resin kit that had some photoetched interior parts.  If I could get a copy of the instructions for this kit it may show the interior parts in position.  Or if anyone has any other drawings of this please let me know.
thanks
Dave Calhoun

Online enathan

Hi Dave,
I have the Airmo Albatros C.XV, photo of the interior instructions + PE parts attached.
Good luck!

Offline davecww1

Thank you!  Just some basic scratchbuilding needed to make the floor and bulkheads, then add a seat and a few other items.
From the looks of it I can use a seat and control column from an Eduard D.III/V kit, it does not have a wheel like the earlier C types.   
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:57:26 AM by davecww1 »

Online enathan

This may be of help too - floor, bulkheads etc. of the Xtravac Albatros C.XV vacuform.

Offline davecww1

Thanks enathan.  Very helpful, although the vacuform parts are somewhat different than the photoetched parts.  I was able to use the photo of the etched parts enlarged to appropriately 1/48 scale to trace some of the parts for my Silhouette cutter.  Cut out some sample shapes from .010 styrene,  and although not a perfect fit it gives me a good starting point.