Author Topic: A question about rigging.  (Read 1105 times)

Offline ETG

A question about rigging.
« on: January 02, 2013, 07:54:33 AM »
Dear group,

Here is another question. I need this info for the 1:32 Sopwith Camel I am building, now.

Offline Rob Hart

Re: A question about rigging.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:36 AM »
I have run the control line through the exit point on the fuselage at the approximate angle that it needs to exit in line with the control horn and then applied a tiny drop of cyano at the junction of the hole and control line. I then pull the line taut and attach it to the control horn. It helps to thin the inside of the fuselage at the exit point both to keep the control line from having an unrealistic kink where it exits the fuselage and maintain the angle of the line to the control horn. I use a dremel and thin the plastic to the point it is translucent when held up to the light.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:31:24 AM by Rob Hart »

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
The control cables run through ferrules in the fuselage sides I showed these on my Tripe and Pup builds using short lengths of brass tube 0.5mm dia inserted into holes drilled at the correct angle, Just cyano them in leaving a short stub proud of the surface, A square of thin plasticard or decalfilm around the hole adds a little extra reinforcing patch if you wish.

Hope this helps

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
I have run the control line through the exit point on the fuselage at the approximate angle that it needs to exit in line with the control horn and then applied a tiny drop of cyano at the junction of the hole and control line. I then pull the line taut and attach it to the control horn. It helps to thin the inside of the fuselage at the exit point both to keep the control line from having an unrealistic kink where it exits the fuselage and maintain the angle the angle of the line to the control horn. I use a dremel and thin the plastic to the point it is translucent when held up to the light.

FWIW, Here's how I prepped the lower elevator control line holes on my WNW D.V  (using Dremel, as Rob suggests) -- I'll attach the lines to lug somewhere forward of the exit hole... These holes get a PE plate on the outside to finish them off..

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:07 AM »
... But listen to Keith for Sopwith specific practices and check out his build logs!