Author Topic: I am now a pensioner  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Dirigible-Al

I am now a pensioner
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:06:30 AM »
But hopefully not an old age pensioner.
You have not heard alot from me lately mainly because of the 65 hour work weeks and on top of that the 1.5 hour daily commute that leaves little time for other things. I planned to leave once I could draw my pension, that was in May but kept being asked to stay on. The boss is a decent guy so it got put off a few times but finally I have jumped off the precipice and gone for easier times. This does not mean I will not work  but it does mean I will do only what I feel like doing. I can spend more time with the 2 little grand daughters and get that dammed Sausage Balloon finished.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline lone modeller

Re: I am now a pensioner
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:54:32 AM »
Well done for jumping Al - you will not regret the action. Time for family and modelling are essential things in life and you will find that time passes very quickly indeed - sometimes all too quickly in my experience!

Really looking forward to seeing the sausage balloon being finished and then some more projects hopefully.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »
   Congratulations Al, it's a difficult decision as many of us know however it's a good one! All the best on your new reality and resist the urge to go back too much.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline DaveB

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 02:30:21 AM »
Great!

Enjoy your retirement

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 06:23:07 PM »
Congratulations, enjoy your retirement!
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 11:22:25 PM »
Stephen, I have got a few projects lined up but like most of us a big stash to get thru.
Lance, I will do some work but I do not think I will have a problem resisting an urge to do too much.
Dave and Giuseppe, I will enjoy life a lot more now I have more time to do so.
Thanks guys
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 02:55:37 AM »
Ooh, Alan, I am really jealous! On discussing my retirement with the powers-that-be I was asked: "Can you still walk?" So I replied I could still, and was promptly told to carry on until I couldn't! Talk about tough love! I will be carried out in a wooden box feet first I'm sure! But enjoy, Alan, just go for it and do all those things on the bucket list! Regards, Marc