Author Topic: Border releases ex-WNW 1/32 Lancaster  (Read 1176 times)

Offline macsporran

Border releases ex-WNW 1/32 Lancaster
« on: September 27, 2021, 05:32:40 PM »
Over on the FB pages there's lots of traffic about the WNW moulds having been acquired by Border Models and the kit being available for pre-order before Christmas.
I know from recent survey that a lot of our brethren don't use FB, so apologies to those that do, and acknowledgements to the original posters on FB.
Sandy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:55:12 PM by macsporran »

Offline macsporran

Re: Border releases ex-WNW 1/32 Lancaster
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 05:34:29 PM »
Here's the announcement
S

Offline chunks

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 05:38:23 PM »

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 06:27:58 PM »
Here's the announcement
S

Molds seem to have suffered a bit („… maintenance issues..“).
Personally I am not interested in the Lanc in 1/32th scale.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 11:32:23 AM »
The Border Models 1/32 Lancaster announcement contains a very interesting comment:

"Due to many production troubles and mold maintenance issues, the product will be sold in limited quantities worldwide and will not be produced again for a certain period of time afterwards."

This was an ex Wingnuts project, a brand new tooling never put into production before Wingnuts closed, so what are these 'mold maintenance issues'? We can assume the kit will be expensive but its size (and the fact HK Models got its Lancasters to market years ago) will shrink much of the market for another huge Lancaster kit.

It will be interesting to see what the kit Border releases looks like but given the warnings, I'm in no rush for it.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:36 PM »
i suspect very limited quantities, significantly higher price. i also suspect "mold maintenance issues" are a polite way of saying exactly that.

this thing was headed toward US$400 when WNW was doing it. the MBK pre-order is around... $700 at current exchange rates. i'm not above skipping meals and going spendy but that's too spendy for my lukewarm interest in the subject. i'm glad it is seeing daylight though, and hope someone has the molds for the paralyzer. they appear to have been further along than the Lancs, the 0/100 even had instructions posted.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 10:07:09 PM »
At a mere $900 Canadian all up from Lucky Model I'm going to pass.....

Steve

Offline macsporran

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
I did read on a FB site that someone who knows the boss at Border asked him about the price and was told that they have not announced a price as yet, so I'd take any retailer's cost with a pinch of salt at the moment.
Academic to me anyway as I don't have a big enough shelf (or spray booth) for it!
Sandy