Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Pup Decal#66  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Fledermaus

WNW Sopwith Pup Decal#66
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »
Hell All,

Does anyone know where to apply decal#66 on the Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup?

It is a small brass colored decal that says "Caution" with additional illegible text.

I do not see it indicated anywhere in the instruction booklet.

Could it possibly go on the top front of the cowl regarding the timing of the machine gun?

There is a somewhat similar decal included in the WNW Sopwith Triplane kit, decal#67.

Thanks.  :)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW Sopwith Pup Decal#66
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:54:15 AM »
Fledermaus,
    You got me curious so I dug out the plans and left over decals from my Pup; decal(s) #66 are the "Palmer" tire decals however #74 looks to be the one you refer to. It's still on my sheet as well and I cannot find it referenced anywhere in the instructions. You might try an EMail to WNW, they are very quick to respond and very helpful. Please share any info you get if you solve the puzzle.
Cheers,
Lance :-\

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »
its 66 on the RFC pup yes. Its still on my decal sheet too. But looking at the pic of the replica N6160 on page 4 of the manual it could be the empty cartridge belt winder warning plate you can just see in the left pic. Possibly its just an extra for those that want to build a little variation into the kit. If not its a ueful little spare for certain.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:09:44 AM »
its 66 on the RFC pup yes. Its still on my decal sheet too. But looking at the pic of the replica N6160 on page 4 of the manual it could be the empty cartridge belt winder warning plate you can just see in the left pic. Possibly its just an extra for those that want to build a little variation into the kit. If not its a ueful little spare for certain.

Keith

Mine was the RNAS Version, never stopped to remember there were two. I made a mistake once..........................? The one I referred to does seem the same as Fledermaus is concerned with, wonder why it got missed in both kits? ???
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Fledermaus

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:43 AM »
Thanks guys.

I wil go ahead and email WNW and see what thet say about it.
 :)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
Welcome aboard, Matt!
Enjoy your stay with us!

Von Buckle  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith