Author Topic: Albatross CIII 1/72 nearly ready  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Skyhook

Albatross CIII 1/72 nearly ready
« on: September 25, 2021, 07:01:32 PM »
Hi!!!

It is often more fun to start new ones than make the final additions to the nearly ready models...at least for me. So hereīs another one I have been constructing lately, an Albatross CIII in 1916 guise. It is a very pleasant looking aircraft and very easy to see its relationship with DI and DIII fighters. Lacks just the observer gun and rigging + a few very small things. I have been distracted from finishing this one by a Letord 4. Well, thatīs an interesting family of twin-engined aircraft...

cheers, Skyhook

Offline Skyhook

Re: Albatross CIII 1/72 nearly ready
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 07:06:52 PM »
hereīs a pic of the Letord project too.... the construction is plasticard and balsa. The drop-shaped engine nacelles I decided to make using Milliput. The fairings for cylinder heads are also Milliput and waiting to be sanded to their final shape. The paint is just base coulur for sanding, although it is the same colour that was used on some Letords as an uniform colour. I probably will make this a one with the 5-colour camouflage.

cheers, Skyhook

Offline William Adair

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 09:23:45 PM »
I love it!  I've fantasised about making one of those.  Gorgeous aircraft!

Offline RichieW

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 05:42:11 AM »
Wow, you are a busy scratch builder. A particularly  good one too. These are wonderful!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 05:45:21 AM »
Outstanding Albatros! Your scratch building is amazing. The in progress build looks to  be as great as the rest!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:16:03 AM »
Thank you all...much appreciated :).  It may seem that i do these very quickly, but i have many models in progress over a longer time. My problem is to get them ready and finalized... but i am very good at staring a new project :). As a result, i have about ten planes under construction right now and several of them have been in the works for nearly two years by now...

I usually work on a couple of models at the same timeframe; when one needs time to dry, i take up the other and so on. I also often make certain parts for them both in one go. Apart from finishing that Albatross, i have the Letord 4 and HB W.19 floatplane on the bench these days. The Letord feels right  now the most inspiring, but i think i will try to bite the bullet and do some rigging in the near future for the other two. Fairey Campania and Short s.38 were my summer projects and i really should try to make them ready too.

Cheers, Skyhook

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 04:19:36 AM »
More first class scratch builds from the master's table. The letord is new to me - but looks to be very interesting. I must refrain from adding it to my list...

Stephen.