Author Topic: Back again from the Northwest USA  (Read 999 times)

Offline Rick_H

Back again from the Northwest USA
« on: September 18, 2021, 08:33:40 PM »
Greetings,
I tend to rotate my modeling interests, and now it looks like 1/72 WWI aircraft is back to the top of the stack.  From my registration date here, it looks as if my most recent WWI era was in 2016.
At any rate, I have gone through a number of kits stashed away and a fair number half completed.  Will try to get the skills tuned up with the old kits before starting any of the new ones.  By the way, it looks as if many, many of the manufacturers I liked have disappeared, and not many new ones to replace them.  Are there any vacuforms being made at all anymore?  It seems I will need to be very careful with the ones in my stash as there are no replacements, it seems, for joystick, Classic Plane, Libramodels and several others.

First, must re-learn rigging.  This online dimension of forums everywhere, plus youtube, brings up a lot of options we didn't have in my previous WWI eras. 

I'm looking forward to working with you all.
Rick Heinbaugh
Seattle, Washington state, USA

Offline Monty

Re: Back again from the Northwest USA
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 04:12:55 AM »
Welcome back, Rick! It sounds like you have some fascinating projects there to enthrall us! Please show us your progress and it's great to have you joining in! Regards, Marc.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:09:48 AM »
Welcome back home, Rick!
There is plenty to see and read within these hallowed halls of wisdom...enjoy!

Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline enathan

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:47:23 AM »
Hi Rick, Welcome back.
Joystick kits are still regularly available at Hannants.
Classic Plane vac and resin and Luedemann kits are still manufactured by Mr. Schorsch of Modellbau Studio Rhein-Ruhr.
Czech manufacturers Kovozavody Prostejov (KP) now have an impressive and rapidly growing line of WWI kits. You may want to check Lukgraph and Avis as well.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:52:04 AM by enathan »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »
Welcome back Rick

Its great to see more 1/72 scale modellers on the Forum. We are your home for all WW1 era subjects in all the scales.

The community here is very friendly and sharing so ask any questions and someone will be along to help.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 12:38:13 PM »
Welcome back to the Forum Rick. There's a very robust 1:72 Scale community going on here and I'm certain you'll also enjoy the helpful and positive nature of our Membership. Looking forward to your contributions here. :)
Cheers,
Lance