Author Topic: Greetings from Finland!  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Skyhook

Greetings from Finland!
« on: September 15, 2021, 02:50:52 PM »
Hello!

I am a longtime modeller from Finland, mainly scratchbuilt ww1 aircraft, but i sometimes build kits as well. My preferred scale is 1/72 as i like to have a lot of them  :). For the last ten years i took a sabbatical of the hobby, but during the covid times i decided to try to start it again... lots of things had changed, i have to wear glasses for the precision work and it seemed that i had forgotten most methods and material knowledge i had for the job... but during the last year i have had a sort of renaissance for hobby as i dusted off my techniques and tools and materials. I look forward to learning a few new things over here and i hope to become more up to date regarding all the decal manufacturers etc.

Nice to be here  :)

Cheers, Skyhook

Btw, you can check some of my previous work here (the page was run by Mikko Saarela, a great guy and a modeler friend...greatly missed, R.i.P... he died a few years ago, but his page is still kept up by his sons).

https://www.kangaspuut.net/amis_models.html

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Greetings from Finland!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:02:29 PM »
Hello Skyhook and welcome to the Forum.

I hope you find much here to enjoy and our global membership is the friendliest model group on the internet.

warm regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:16:37 PM »
Hallo!

Nice to see you, and those are all excellent models in the link. I’m extra happy to see 1/72, not the most common scale around here. I hope you’ll remember your techniques so you can share them with us ;)

Your Thulin D I had seen before - I just started building one myself and came across yours googling.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 12:08:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Skyhook.
You're in fine company.

Enjoy!!

Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 01:32:30 AM »
Hei Skyhook ja terveisiä!

Glad to see you here - I used to visit kangaspuut years ago, some lovely work there :)
I hadn't realised Mikko had passed, that's sad.
Anyway, welcome!

Cheers
Mark

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 03:38:01 AM »
   Welcome Skyhook. Magnificent models you have there, that FE.2b is magnificent and in 1:72 ?! I know you'll enjoy the Forum, and by the quality of your work we'll all enjoy you being here! I am looking very much forward to seeing more.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome, much appreciated :).  I still have to find the way to add photos to the posts (scratchbuild section). Seems that the attachements can be seen only if you log in.

That Thulin D is actually 1/48, as it was a commissioned project. I feel that anything bigger than 1/72 would remain unfinished by me... too much details to add!

cheers, Skyhook

Offline Borsos

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Skyhook! A man who built a Farman F. 40 from scratch can’t be a bad person  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 10:47:26 AM »
I haven't had the chance to welcome you to the site , welcome Skyhook , pleasure to have you here as part of the family  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 04:14:12 AM »
Welcome, Skyhook! Great to have you joining in the fun on the site! Regards, Marc.