Author Topic: Hello Everyone! I'm new here!  (Read 1543 times)

Offline RageHimself

Hello Everyone! I'm new here!
« on: August 27, 2021, 04:21:50 PM »
Hello everyone!! I have been a long-time lurker in the forum, taking inspiration from all the great models and incredible people here!

I started modeling as a kid - when I told my parents I wanted to be a fighter pilot they responded by getting me plastic kits! I built them with crude technics, without any paint, and glue marks cover more areas than the decals ever could.

With the pandemic, I decided to pick it back up, this time with the patience of an adult and a few years of art school education! I sharpened my skill with a few Eduard and CSM kits, now still a Novice, but I'm ready to move on to bigger fish!

I just got my hands on a WnW AEG G. IV, call it cliché but I am a sucker for nose art. I've never documented my build in any capacity before, with this kit I really want to share my progress and get some opinions and recommendations from more experienced fellow modelers!!

Everyone here are so incredibly talented, plus, very supportive and kind!! I cannot wait to begin my build and share the progress with y'all!! Thanks!!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Hello Everyone! I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum

I hope you continue to enjoy the fun of being part of this global community of WW1 modellers and we look forward to seeing you share your builds with us.

Regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RageHimself

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 04:50:15 PM »
Thank you Dave! I cannot wait!! :)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 10:19:44 PM »
This is indeed a wonderful forum and all the members are very helpful and kind. Added to that, they (not me) are very well informed and skilled and the beautiful thing is that all that is shared, so all of us can learn to be better modelers.

I'm sure you will enjoy every minute and post here.

And I'll pull up a chair for sure when you start posting your progress on the AEG G. IV build.

Have fun!

Willem

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »
Welcome! You've chosen a really great Kit to start with, and it'll keep you very busy! I am looking forward to following your progress. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RageHimself

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »
This is indeed a wonderful forum and all the members are very helpful and kind. Added to that, they (not me) are very well informed and skilled and the beautiful thing is that all that is shared, so all of us can learn to be better modelers.

I'm sure you will enjoy every minute and post here.

And I'll pull up a chair for sure when you start posting your progress on the AEG G. IV build.

Have fun!

Willem

Thank you, Willem!! I am very excited to share the progress! Since my reentry into the hobby, I have been banging my head against a wall all by myself without a community to turn to when I have questions. I've cut a few pieces off the spruce, will begin posting some updates very soon!

I am not as experienced as so many here, I hope I can do the bomber justice!

Offline RageHimself

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 04:41:14 PM »
Welcome! You've chosen a really great Kit to start with, and it'll keep you very busy! I am looking forward to following your progress. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lance

Thank you Lance! This is not my first entry into WW I aircraft but certainly the most serious build so far! I am both excited and intimidated by the undertaking, I started working on the cockpit today but still waiting on some new colors to arrive, can't wait to start a post with more updates!

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 12:54:23 AM »
So glad to have you joining in and willing to share your builds! The amount of advice and encouragement given is phenomenal, and it is simply wonderful to see builds progressing! Regards, Marc.

Offline James

Hello Everyone! I'm new here!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 01:02:53 AM »
Welcome to best and friendliest forum. Where are you from? With the y'all you threw in, you from Texas?

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline ermeio

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 06:55:21 AM »
welcome here,
enjoy this group and the familiar environment
er me

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »
Enjoy!!!

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »
Hello ,

Welcome to site  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RageHimself

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 02:26:07 AM »
Hi Everyone, sorry I am very new to the forum and I'm still wrapping my head around all the buttons. Once I started updating my build I forgot about my post here...

Marc -
Thank you for your kind words! I am already receiving great advice from people and I am looking forward to connecting with everyone here on the forum!

James -
Thank you! Regarding where I'm from it's actually a bit of a complicated question, I was originally born in China, but I spent a considerable amount of time in Oklahoma and Texas, where I picked up some of my "linguistic eccentricities", bet you never met a Chinese kid speaking with a country accent! My girlfriend is from the Baltics, but we work in central Asia/North Africa mostly, so we bounce around the world constantly. With the pandemic going on we have to stay put, and I finally get to realize my childhood dream and have my own workshop. Looking forward to sharing my builds with everyone here!

Erme, Steve and Alexis -
Thank you for the warm welcome! Looking forward to getting to know the people here and sharing my builds!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 05:16:55 AM »
Welcome aboard the one forum to rule them all.
I look forward to seeing your progress AEG and future projects.

Cheers,
Bob  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith