Author Topic: Outdoor photo setup  (Read 1643 times)

Bughunter

Outdoor photo setup
« on: August 26, 2021, 06:33:05 AM »
Hello,
I disassembled an old analogue camera to get a photo thread adapter. I transferred it under my airfield photo base and can now take pictures outside with two tripods and am flexible in positioning the model and camera. 8)

I have now rephotographed my latest projects, for which I previously only had pictures from the light tent.
Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Frank

Online macsporran

Re: Outdoor photo setup
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 06:47:47 AM »
You have taken a picture of this so..... you've obviously got another camera taking the picture.
To show us the full setup should you not show us a picture of that other camera taking the picture of the camera taking the picture?
..... but then I suppose you'd need another camera to take that picture, so that'd be a picture of the camera taking a picture of the camera taking a picture of the camera taking a .......
Oh my head hurts.
Sandy

Bughunter

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 07:03:12 AM »
Sandy, you made my day ;D ;D
I break out of this recursion simply with a smartphone. The internal camera was good enough to capture this setup.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 09:19:36 AM »
You have taken a picture of this so..... you've obviously got another camera taking the picture.
To show us the full setup should you not show us a picture of that other camera taking the picture of the camera taking the picture?
..... but then I suppose you'd need another camera to take that picture, so that'd be a picture of the camera taking a picture of the camera taking a picture of the camera taking a .......
Oh my head hurts.
Sandy

Manet and Monet like that one too…
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 11:43:38 PM »
That's a neat setup Frank!  Very portable to get he right background (not all of us have meadows, fields and distant woods right out of our back doors!).  Thanks for sharing that. 

BTW, your recent outdoor photos look great!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 01:27:12 AM »
Hi Frank.  I looked at your outdoor photos and I think the setting adds a lot to the realism.  Nice composition and viewing angles.  I'd like to get a setup like it sometime.
One thing that looks a little off, though is the shine on the grass.  Could it be toned down with a spray of dull clear?

Bughunter

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 05:14:40 AM »
Thank you for your responses!

Very portable to get he right background (not all of us have meadows, fields and distant woods right out of our back doors!).
Yes, it is not easy to find a location around Munich, and I was there by car.
Where I thought from memory it could go, there was maize as tall as a man, and in many other places there are structures that don't quite want to fit a WWI biplane.

One thing that looks a little off, though is the shine on the grass.  Could it be toned down with a spray of dull clear?
Yes you are right! Got the same tip in a German forum ;)  Will do, but too late for yesterday's session. At the moment there is a lot of rain.

Cheers,
Frank