Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Pup Night Trainer C-312: Moon & Stars  (Read 4275 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: WNW Sopwith Pup Night Trainer C-312: Moon & Stars
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:46 AM »
  Bob,
I was impressed before but seeing the completed project I' even more impressed. Outstanding Master Class project from construction,details,paint,decals and weathering.Congratulations for one awesome project.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
Bob, I've never been all that keen on modeling fighters as trainers, but this is undoubtedly my favorite Pup scheme.  My wife's, too.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
I felt the same way about trainers Bud, and it was only my daughters request that led me to do this scheme.  Boy has my attitude changed after building this Pup, and I am very grateful to my daughter. ;D

I'm glad your wife likes it too! :)

Regards,

Bob   

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
Hello Bob,

Love the Pup! I had such fun doing this decal selection and it's great to see the likes of you, mgunns and Dr.Dave making my two dimensional stuff come to life in these super models - it makes everything so worthwhile.

Bud, I think that it is fair to say that this Pup may not have been "just" a trainer; it had full night-flying gear and armament, including the Neame illuminated sight, and could well have been used in a secondary operational role, flown by an instructor.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:35:47 AM »
Bud, I think that it is fair to say that this Pup may not have been "just" a trainer; it had full night-flying gear and armament, including the Neame illuminated sight, and could well have been used in a secondary operational role, flown by an instructor.
Huh.  Well, I still like her, no matter how nasty you say she was.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »
Hello Bob:

I have this sheet as well, and your's will be a log that I follow as I do mine.  This really turned out sweet and as Rowan mentioned, it is nice to see it in 3-D.  Outstanding workmanship all around.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Softscience

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
I love this! I never gave the pup a second thought until I saw these photos! Are the little stars painted on or is this from a decal sheet?

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 12:19:56 AM »
Hi Ss!  The stars are all individual decals, which were relatively easy to apply.  You can read about it under the same heading over in the "Under Construction" section.  You'll want to get Pheon Models Sopwith Pup Pets & Trainers decal sheet.  You can check that out and order over in the Pheon store in the "Hobby Shop" section of the forum.  This decal sheet is fabulous, but beware---once you've seen it you may end up building multiple Pups! ;)  Enjoy!  I'm glad you liked my Night Trainer Pup. :)

Regards,

Bob