Author Topic: Special Hobby Lozenge decals?  (Read 918 times)

Offline JohnM

Special Hobby Lozenge decals?
« on: August 04, 2021, 07:09:00 AM »
Does anyone know if Special Hobby's lozenge decals are transparent? I'm just wondering if I need to worry about my undercoat showing through? The decals are from SH 1/48 Phalz DXII.

Thanks, John

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Special Hobby Lozenge decals?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 02:30:02 AM »
I noticed no one answered your question, and unfortunately, I can't give a definitive answer either, but I think it's safe to assume they are transparent.  If they aren't, you may have done some unnecessary work to prep the undersurface, but what else can you do?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 02:35:53 AM »
They are not transparent . They are printed on white background first , shading will have to added after they are applied

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline JohnM

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 06:02:56 AM »
They are not transparent . They are printed on white background first , shading will have to added after they are applied

Alexis

Thanks for the info Alexis! That will defiantly save me some time. 

Offline JohnM

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 06:05:56 AM »
I noticed no one answered your question, and unfortunately, I can't give a definitive answer either, but I think it's safe to assume they are transparent.  If they aren't, you may have done some unnecessary work to prep the undersurface, but what else can you do?

Thanks Kensar! That was what I was going to need to do but it looks like Alexis has some experience with SH decal's.