Author Topic: Ahhhhhhgggg  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Ahhhhhhgggg
« on: July 25, 2021, 01:36:07 AM »
Ever had one of those days which you knew without a doubt ..should have stayed in bed !
Morning started off like any other day . Wake up stretch , scratch , yawn , hug the cat . Stumble into the kitchen to feed said cat for that's all he wants at the moment is to have his kibble . Putting on some coffee stumble into the living room , turn on the TV for the morning news ( No this isn't when the day took a turn ) ...I'm getting to that ...don't rush me . Weather for the day is looking great , sun shining with our average temps ...Perfect for getting the grass cut . Soo go back and have another cup of joe and figured that maybe I will sit in front of the bench for a bit before I start in the yard .

So there I'm sitting pretty at my bench I reach for the magnifying glass ( third hand ) totally missing my arm placement I knock the damn thing on the floor breaking the glass into many many tiny pieces ..( nope this isn't when it all went down hill )
While cleaning up the mess the broom handle knocks my coffee cup to floor spilling all of it contents on floor , wall and getting myself .

Then it happened ... I break a nail !!! Well I sure you it hurt like hell ! My Cat learn't a new language ....nope this wasn't it either ...

While trying to make my way to the washroom to run cold water over my finger ....I trip over the cat flying forward ( yes I'm a pilot now ) smacking my forehead hard ...knocked myself out and when I came to my cat is licking my forward , so now I have a bruised finger nail , forehead with a bandaid , broke my favorite mug ....yup should have stayed in bed !

Alexis , who is going back to bed !
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: Ahhhhhhgggg
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:54:47 AM »
To prevent further mishap in the foreseeable future, you might consider staying in bed the whole day tomorrow...

Take care and take it easy Alexis,

Willem

Online macsporran

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 02:02:16 AM »
..... but is the cat OK? ....... 😃
S

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 03:25:54 AM »
Wow, Alexis! Just not, not good! (But is the cat OK?) Regards, Marc.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 05:12:08 AM »
Good thing all this happened BEFORE you started working on your model. Nothing serious, then.
Cheers,
Bud

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
Yep, had one of those type of days  too!

Stay well now !!

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 09:50:05 AM »
But was the model injured in any way? :)

Just kidding, take care there Alexis and there are certainly some days where staying in bed is the best option.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 10:38:52 AM »
You write a great story Alexis. I don't think the Marx Brothers or the Three Stooges could have topped that one  ;)
Cheers,
Gary

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 09:21:01 PM »
If it's any consolation Alexis, that did make me giggle! Sorry, I like a bit of Schadenfreude once in a while.
I hope you're now comfortably wrapped up in bed with the cat and a cup of coffee (with a lid on it!)

Ian

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 01:33:43 AM »
Thanks guys ,

Sieben is alright , no harm to him and the model is fine , no damage at all . Just my pride ! I did go back to bed and sieben slept with me the whole time purring . Headache is gone but my fingernail is still tender . There will be more in the future I'm very confident that some of this will get repeated just not in the same order .

Ian , it is perfectly fine to laugh at others injuries ....I do it as well  ;)

Alexis   
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 05:00:38 AM »
Just glad to read that the injuries were not more serious and that Seiben is OK and was trying to take care of you! Also that your models are intact, (you can always buy another mug!)

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 06:12:10 AM »
Wow Alexis! Glad Nothing More serious than a Broken Mug although knocking yourself Out is never a good thing!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »
I had bad days, still have some from time to time, but this you had was really worth going back to your bed with a purring cat!
Get well.
Giuseppe

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 06:35:35 PM »
Ah Alexis!

I was laughing up until the point you knocked yourself out! That’s really bad…

Hope you’re ok..

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 12:08:30 AM »
Hi guys ,

Thanks ! I do sit here and laugh about it now and would have been even more funny if this was on video . Still better than gluing my hair to my bust line ...that was embarrassing  ::) :-[ .

Lesson learn't here is I should have went and cut the grass first , which I did get done and no injuries occurred . I will get even with Sieben next time I wash the floor ( Hardwood ) and bring out his favorite toy ....very comical seeing him chase after it and slips and slides around all over the place ! 

Alexis , feeling much better now  :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch