Author Topic: Interesting times...  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Monty

Interesting times...
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:23:48 AM »
I really do sympathize for those affected by the floods in Germany. The destruction must be enormous and the loss of lives tragic. Here in South Africa we have our own set of problems, not all natural disasters. I'm sure you have seen some mention in the news - one thing SA is good at! Our own area was apparently the target yesterday, and I've never seen so much law enforcement in one place before - even the last airworthy police helicopter put in an appearance - and nothing much happened. My brother is still locked down and house-bound in Kwa-Zulu Natal, with every entrance to his suburb barricaded by mostly civilians... We are also in the throes of the worst Covid-19 spike ever, mainly the Delta variant (The SA one was soon relegated to the minor variants) and the hospital where I work is, well, full of it.. and I seem to have daily exposures... Not pleasant trying to cope... We are doing some renovations at home so modelling is on hold, but I hope I'll be back soon.... Regards and keep safe, Marc.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Re: Interesting times...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 01:44:15 AM »
Wow, that sounds bad. Please stay save, Marc.
Bye Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 03:02:44 AM »
Wow, that sounds bad. Please stay save, Marc.
Bye Manni

Totally agree. Stay safe and healthy!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 03:53:23 AM »
Truly terrible news, Marc -

My sister is a nurse and was pulled onto ITU during the first wave last year and said it was the worse, most stressful experience in her life - you therefore have my utmost respect and sympathy.

How some people around the world still believe this is all fake is beyond me ..........

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:08:53 AM »
Be safe Marc

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »
Sending warm wishes to you and your family Marc and I hope you can stay safe and well from this plague which is running amok in parts of Australia right now.

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 01:00:36 AM »
Best wishes to all of you in South Africa Marc - after HIV Covid is among the last things that South Africa needs at the moment. I hope that the political situation improves soon - that is an additional burden that you country could do without.

Stay safe and healthy.

Stephen.

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 02:28:48 AM »
Here in the Netherlands, comparatively we got out o.k.

We had floods in Limburg in the south. It's the highest area in the Netherlands, but the Rhine and Meuse flow to their lowest point out of Germany and Belgium. Communications were quick and efficient, and we have no human casualties, only material damage, although 700 families can't return to their homes any time soon, because the ground floors are soaked, but al that can be solved with money.

My heart goes out to all who were not so lucky.

With Covid, heatwaves, floods and unstable governments you'd almost think the guy who made the Maya calendar was dyslectic.

So everybody: keep safe, keep calm, and keep modeling!

Willem

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 03:21:59 AM »
Thank you everyone for the feedback and the good wishes... Things are settling down here and I hope we can carry on the rebuilding and reconciliation... Just to show things are OK, here I am with faithful dog Rudi and a braai (Barbecue) ... Vanessa took the photograph and says hurry up, I'm hungry!....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 03:36:14 AM »
    Magnificent setting and view Marc! I hope things continue to improve, like everyone you deserve a positive break!
    Gotta say, your "Happy Place" is similar to mine, a good dog, the BBQ, and sunny weather!
Take care,
Lance