Author Topic: Modelik 1/33 Hanriot HD-1 in Italian Service  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Modelik 1/33 Hanriot HD-1 in Italian Service
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 05:33:49 AM »
It was truly an joyous adventure watching this one come together Bob . The end results our outstanding , has to be your best yet and now I'm curious to what is next ?

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »
Super nice, Bob.  The lines are so pretty.  And I think the wheels are really well done!

Keep up the great work.  Long live paper!

Dan

Online Gene K

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2021, 10:35:02 PM »
I enjoyed building this kit, and I hope this build log inspires others to have a go at a paper kit.

Well done, Bob.

Gene K

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2021, 12:13:16 AM »
Thanks Alexis, Dan and Gene!  Next up?  Having just finished up a heritage build of a 1/48 Otaki P-40E Aleutian Tiger (a kit I've wanted to build for 50 years!), I am returning to WWI plastic by attempting to convert a WNW DH.9A Ninack into a DH-4 Liberty Plane of the USAS 50th Aero Squadron, representing the Medal of Honor mission to relieve the "Lost Battalion."  I really like the paint scheme and markings of this aircraft.

DH4 Liberty Plane by Robert  Hallinger, on Flickr

DH4 Liberty Plane by Robert  Hallinger, on Flickr

I have the Windsock Datafile on the DH-4 Liberty Plane, and the issue of Over the Front above has lots of good closeup photos, so I have enough information.  This conversion will require significant surgery on the fuselage, cowling and interior of the Ninack, and most likely some vacuforming (new cowling and parts of top deck).  I'm looking forward to the challenge.  It will also require a good deal of forethought and problem-solving.  I realize that the wings of the Ninack are slightly longer than those of the DH-4, and the chord as well, but I am not going  to bother about that, as I am going for the look and feel rather than precision.  Someone suggested that I could use the wings from the WNW DH.9 kit, which apparently are the same as the DH-4, but I can't see sacrificing a second $200+ dollar OOP kit for the sake of a few centimeters on wings this long already.  Close enough will have to do. 

After the DH-4, the current plan is to return to paper with the Igualada paper kit of Frank Luke's SPAD XIII no.26.  This is essentially the same kit Dan recently completed in a French scheme, and his accolades for the kit have moved it to the top of my paper kit list. 

Thanks for all of your support on the Hanriot build.  Much appreciated.  Take care everyone.

Best regards,

Bob

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2021, 11:37:51 PM »
I seem to have missed the end of your project until now Bob. What a Gorgeous aircraft Model you have made! The rigging  is awesome as is the construction. Beautiful work.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Gene K

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2021, 05:20:30 AM »
After the DH-4, the current plan is to return to paper with the Igualada paper kit of Frank Luke's SPAD XIII no.26.   

Great to hear!  ;D

Gene K

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2021, 03:18:52 PM »
Yup...I'm with Gene on this front!  ;D

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2021, 11:58:51 PM »
First time I take a peek in Paper and Card models.

What a beautiful model this has become Bob!

I made myself promise that I would stick to the V/1500, but I have succumbed.

I ordered the Vickers Vimy from Modelik....  8)

Willem

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 12:59:03 AM »
That's wonderful Willem!  I have not yet tackled a paper kit of a large bomber, although I have a few in my paper stash (Ilya Muromets, Caproni Ca.3, Gotha G.IV).  I'm practicing on smaller craft first!  I wish you well on the Vimy. 

Best regards,

Bob

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2021, 02:00:50 AM »
Hello Willem!

Nice choice!  Love the Vimy.  Please do let us know and post as you start...these things are addictive and really, really fun.

Dan

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 05:39:33 PM »
The goodies have arrived! I ordered it on the 12th and it was delivered on the 16th, that's really fast!

I also ordered the extra's. At first I thought it was laser-cut wood (silly me!), but it is cardboard.

I won't be starting it anytime soon though, the HP V/1500 takes up all of my time and taking up a second project would slow it down even more.

I'll be following you guys building these fantastic paper and card models closely though!

Cheers,

Willem

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
This is awesome Willem!  I've been eyeing that model for a couple of years so I will follow along with popcorn and lots of Mt. Dew.  What a cool plane that will be...

Dan