Author Topic: Roden 1/35 Holt Tractor diorama finished  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Re: Roden 1/35 Holt Tractor diorama finished
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2021, 04:26:38 PM »
Wow, Gary! This is awesome. There are so many points to mention in this diorama.... The paint job is brilliant, you have achieved so many different tones of green every detail is highlighted. There are lots of different angles in your layout.
The figures interact with each other and there are many different possibilities what is happening. I look on it and my imagination starts telling me a story. Not to mention the genius way of doing the figures or the bikes. I must say that I think this is the best diorama of this year.
Chapeau, Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2021, 06:53:35 PM »
Oh wow, you nailed it again Gary! This is a true work of art. The figures really come to life. It could just as easy be a still from the actual front! I agree with Manni, your paintwork is superb with al those nuances of green. It all comes together: the poses of the splendidly painted figures, the position  of the tractor and the gun. I can see this diorama also end up in Model Military just like your Mk. VI tank.

I absolutely love your dioramas, the Big Bertha being my favourite. You are the Diorama Master!

Willem

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2021, 12:44:53 AM »
Wow Gary, just WOW!!!

Kent

Thanks Kent - much appreciated!
Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2021, 12:48:29 AM »
Wow, Gary! This is awesome. There are so many points to mention in this diorama.... The paint job is brilliant, you have achieved so many different tones of green every detail is highlighted. There are lots of different angles in your layout.
The figures interact with each other and there are many different possibilities what is happening. I look on it and my imagination starts telling me a story. Not to mention the genius way of doing the figures or the bikes. I must say that I think this is the best diorama of this year.
Chapeau, Manni

Thanks for your compliments Manni, it's nice to see that my hours of planning and work have produced something that you find appealing. I seem to be inspired by the feel of some of the photos from WW1, and the one I posted earlier transformed into the result.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2021, 12:51:39 AM »
Oh wow, you nailed it again Gary! This is a true work of art. The figures really come to life. It could just as easy be a still from the actual front! I agree with Manni, your paintwork is superb with al those nuances of green. It all comes together: the poses of the splendidly painted figures, the position  of the tractor and the gun. I can see this diorama also end up in Model Military just like your Mk. VI tank.

I absolutely love your dioramas, the Big Bertha being my favourite. You are the Diorama Master!

Willem

Willem - you flatter me and I'm happy you enjoyed my projects so far. I'm currently writing this one up for a future article in Model Military International and it will be in two parts (first the Tractor, then the rest of it including the diorama).
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2021, 02:17:55 AM »
I'm really lost for words on the craftsmanship and the skill which went into creating and truly marvelous work of art !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2021, 05:01:24 AM »
I'm really lost for words on the craftsmanship and the skill which went into creating and truly marvelous work of art !

Alexis

Thanks for that Alexis - your words are very much appreciated!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline GHE

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2021, 10:52:02 PM »
Dear Ladies and Gents,
Of course I do like ground equipment and WW I tractors are an impressing object.
Sometimes I really like to built a fantasy project " in the style of ".
At the moment I'm merging the Caterpillar Sixty ( Thunder Models ) with Trumpeter's Soviet B-4 WW2 howitzer.
The Cat was issued in 1919 so it's looks still are perfect for the year 1918.
The howitzers carriage back part is added to the Cat , the big wheels used as passive steering device ( see to Mark I tank ).
The B-4 gun itself one day will become a WW IRussian coastal gun.
I'll try to make the wheel arrangement workable since Trumpeter's device was a) not quite correct and b) not movable.
The carriage part will have a lowerable plate to stabilize it in case of uncouplig the limber wheels.
The artillery tractor will be an AEF 1918 tractor for heavy artillery.

beste Grüße, Gunther
LZeppelin rocks!