Author Topic: Expanding the Forum's content  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Expanding the Forum's content
« on: June 30, 2021, 02:09:14 PM »
We are always looking for ways to deliver better content value to our members and one of the most successful additions was the 'off topic' board which has enabled members to show their non WW1 builds.

We are now taking that a step further with a new name for the board and expanding it to include kit reviews of non WW1 subjects.

The Off Topic board is now The World of Scale Models and the first review to feature there is Special Hobby's brand new 1/32 scale Westland Whirlwind fighter.

Our Forum's core focus will still be and always be on WW1 subjects but we also need to acknowledge that many of our members don't just make WW1 models and we want the forum to be a global community where members can enjoy and share all of their model interests, not just one theme.

Our thanks to everyone for your ongoing support for our Forum. Your encouragement and the superb models you share, make all of this very worthwhile.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Expanding the Forum's content
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 02:14:24 PM »
Awesome news Dave !

I love building WW 1 aircraft , even if it frustrates the hell out me , I still enjoy building WW 2 subject from time to time . Thanks for letting us folks have a place to share with the many friends we have here !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
Hi Dave,

Although I am "WWI only", I am a frequent visitor of the "off topic" board(s). I very much enjoy reading about any era or subject of modeling and admire the skills and techniques of these builds and builders.

There is much to be learned from everything that is published on this site, and I welcome the initiative wholeheartedly!

I would also like to take the opportunity to say that this is by far the user friendliest modelers site I know. It is so easy to navigate, there are multiple ways to include and share off-site content, and I love the retro-look of it all.

Willem

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 06:17:43 PM »
I can see why a 'World of Scale Models' section makes sense, I'm not sure why this has replaced 'Off-Topic'

Where do we put Off-Topic posts now? Not all the content was modelling, surely

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »
Hi Richard

The Time to Relax board is still there- that's the home for all general off topic discussions.

All non WW1 modelling content should go in the World of Scale Models board. Why the new name? I thought the name "off topic" was becoming a bit redundant given we want the board to reflect wider modelling interests among our members now.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 06:53:14 PM »
OK, that works - although not all the possible 'other' topics are relaxing!

Thanks Dave,

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 06:55:08 PM »
Sounds good!
After the WNW demise I broadened horizons a bit. Even went back to WW2 (slightly - just for ‘relaxing’ builds) Daz
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 12:09:34 AM »
I guess we all dabble in areas that are Not WW1, and it's good to have somewhere to post our creations! The World of Scale Models sounds very positive - sure to get a good response! Thanks, Dave!