Author Topic: Time to weigh in  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Time to weigh in
« on: June 15, 2021, 11:18:49 PM »
 Towards the end of last year I was pushing close to 300 pounds . Something which caused a lot of shame with in so I changed my diet only eating fresh fruit and veggies with lean cuts of meat . No Pop or junk food of any kind , no grains or dairy other than ice cream twice a month I basically eat to what my blood type is .

My hips measured 40 inches !!!! I went for my monthly weigh in and I have dropped big time ! My hips are 36 inches !!! Four inches off my hips ! 30 more pounds to go !!!!!!!! I'm so happy over this that it brings tears of joy !

Today I go shopping for new wardrobe  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline rhallinger

Re: Time to weigh in
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 12:10:58 AM »
Congratulations Alexis!  That is so great for your health and self-esteem!  It's amazing how our bodies react to eating a reasonable quantify of clean fresh foods.  I had a similar experience several years ago.  Good luck with keeping after it.  Only problem is that you'll need some new clothes!  I was able to recycle old stuff that fit once again. 

Best regards,

Bob

Offline DaveB

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 03:32:19 AM »
That's brilliant news, Alexis -

All your hard work and effort are obviously paying off which is great.   I'm really pleased for you - keep up the good work!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 05:19:43 AM »
Well done Alexis! Not easy to do, and takes a lot of will-power! Congrats! Marc.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 05:52:57 AM »
Congratulations, Alexis! I'm so very proud of you! I know you will reach your goal.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline James

Time to weigh in
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 07:23:03 AM »
Congratulations Alexis. That is so awesome. If I may speak on behalf of everyone here, WELL DONE. We are all really proud of you. Hope you have a fantastic time shopping for a new wardrobe.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 01:35:55 PM »
Thank all so very much !!! You have no idea how happy I'm . 100 pounds since the beginning of the year !!!! And that was just changing the type of food I was eating . 6 months and I'm still on the wagon and I don't miss the junk food at all . I do have the odd pepsi ...what can say ... I love pepsi  ;D

I don't miss the junk food at all and it feels great !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
Great work you are doing Alexis, congratulations!!!
I have the same problem and should start working on it, as your example shows it is possible!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Antonio

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 12:26:40 AM »
Thank-you Antonio ,

For the first two weeks it was hard making those adjustments while still having the craving for starchy foods . When those carvings hit I would tell myself that it isn't my body carving it it is my brain and I chose not to listen to it . Over time those carvings became less and less and when they do pop up . I ignore them .

I believe in you Antonio on that you can have the same results . If you would like to talk more send me a PM  :) I'm here to help

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline ermeio

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 03:48:37 PM »
Great work, Alexis!
I've had the same problem during this period... In two years I succeeded to loose some 10 kgs only with a long walk everyday,  without any diet.
But in september I become lazy and the weight increased again, expecially due to morning grain - now banned from my diet.
Now it is more than two months that I am back with a regular daily walk of some 6 km and some beneficial effect is starting to appear.

All the best
er me

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 10:35:44 PM »
Hi er me ,

All that weight I gain within 5 years , I changed jobs and become less active and was battles myself withing . I really let myself go ...or at least that what my best friend said and he was right . More so since this co-vid hit the world .

I always wonder why I had heartburn 24/7 , always feeling bloated and sluggish and just down right yuckie . Since I don't eat grains anymore ... I feel great !

Only been out on bike a few times this year , weathering isn't being fair . But I do need to start being more active with my cycling and going for a walk every day .

Keep at Er me each month will be rewarding ! :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 05:01:13 AM »
Really pleased to read this Alexis: this is good news at a time when we are drowning in bad news (or appear to be). I hope that you will continue to keep your weight under control and get out on the bike again and enjoy those rides in the fresh air and countryside.

Best of luck with buying a new wardrobe - an exciting experience in itself!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
Thanks Stephen . Feels great to have continuing encouragement form friends and family . It has been tuff over the past 18 months for many folks and for some that snow ball effect gets carried away .

I still have challenges ( I have a weakness for Ice cream ) but this is under better control...as to I control it instead of it controlling me .

Shopping was a blast and I donated all my old wardrobe to a local charity  :)

I just feel so alive and wonderful , thanks guys for being a part of this ! :) :) :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 09:42:04 AM »
Bravo Alexis!! What an inspiration to others.

Mike

Offline IanB

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 05:38:15 PM »
Excellent news Alexis, that takes a lot of willpower!
I lost 20lbs just by stopping carbs, but I do like a pint so that all went back on again over the last 2 years. Time to start again. Problem with the exercise here is that it is just too hot to go outside during the day for a walk. I'll have to come up with something else!

Ian