Author Topic: How much effort would it take for CSM to offer Nieuport 11 and 16 kits?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline James Reagan

Would they be able to adapt some of their kit parts to make the early Nieuport fighters?  Their Nieuport 21 has a number of parts for the earlier aircraft.  The 11 alone was used by Britain, France, Belgium, Italy and Russia.  The 16 would require most 11 parts except engine and fuselage headrest.  They already have the appropriate Le Rhone engine in their later versions.

They might want to even consider offering their Le Rhone 9C engines as a separate kit. The above might be a quick way to generate additional cash.  I, for one, would purchase several kits.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
There's already the Amodel and Special Hobby kits of those aeroplanes, do we really need a third?

Richard

Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

There's already the Amodel and Special Hobby kits of those aeroplanes, do we really need a third?

Richard

I have to agree about the need for another, although a state of the Art kit wouldn't hurt My feelings. As for the similarities between a 17 and the earlier versions I am not 100% certain. I think the rear fuselage "Might" be the same but from there they are totally different from forward fuselage to wings, not to mention a different interior. So I would guess it would take a completely New Mold. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Why not ask Copper State Models ....only saying .....

This is something that no here can answer really .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline macsporran

I always wondered why Roden didn't extend their Nieuport line to include a 17, surely the most popular? But presumably they felt the old Hobbycraft/Italeri/Academy kit had it covered and that too much retooling of ailerons, fuselage, etc would not be repaid in sales. Maybe Wingnuts rained on their parade before the decision was made, of course.
Sandy

Offline James Reagan

A Nieuport 11 and 16 done to Copper State Models (CSM) standard  would be nice.  They are a small company and sales generate growth.  I recall some earlier CSM comments that the 1/35 scale WW1 vehicles were generating more revenue and one of the reasons for delaying the Hansa Brandenberg D1.

I've always been a fan  of Nieuport aircraft hence my interest. I plan to add , apart from the Caudron),their pending releases.  I wish they offered their Le Rhone 9C engine as a separate kit.

Offline Borsos

A Nieuport 11 and 16 done to Copper State Models (CSM) standard  would be nice.  They are a small company and sales generate growth.  I recall some earlier CSM comments that the 1/35 scale WW1 vehicles were generating more revenue and one of the reasons for delaying the Hansa Brandenberg D1.

I've always been a fan  of Nieuport aircraft hence my interest. I plan to add , apart from the Caudron),their pending releases.  I wish they offered their Le Rhone 9C engine as a separate kit.

I am also a fan of the Nieuport biplanes, but I personally would be more happy if a manufacturer invests his resources in releasing an airplane in model form that wasn’t offered as a kit at all before. We urgently need these great 1/48 scale CSM kits upscaled to 1:32 especially the Caudron G. IV.  :) (that’s my ceterum censeo)
And let’s remember that many of the main players of wwi aviation, like Farmans and Voisins aren‘t ‚kitted‘ at all yet. There’s an original Voisin 8 in Washington so all its details are available…
Regarding the leRhone, what about contacting Edgar from CSM directly? He is a very friendly guy who listens to the needs of us modellers.

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline WD

Or scaled down to 1/72nd. :)  I agree, the Farmans and Voisins were major players. It'd be like not having B-25's or Ju-88's not kitted.

WD

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
I am also a fan of Nieuports, should CSM decide to build another variant I’d prefer them to do the two seaters, like the 12

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Borsos

I am also a fan of Nieuports, should CSM decide to build another variant I’d prefer them to do the two seaters, like the 12

Richard

Very well said!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline WD

Why not ask Copper State Models ....only saying .....

This is something that no here can answer really .

Alexis

What Alexis said. They're the only ones is a position to answer this question.

WD

Offline James Reagan

Thanks for all the information about the differences in the Nieuport 11 and the Nieuport 21. It is not just a different wing. I did not know of the fuselage differences. My solution is to build the Special Hobby kit of both the 11 and 16 models. The CSM Nieuport 21 will make an excellent  Russian version.