Author Topic: Copper State Models new 1/32 scale Caudron G.III preview peek  (Read 12604 times)

Offline jknaus

Re: Copper State Models new 1/32 scale Caudron G.III preview peek
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 12:36:18 AM »
So ugly its beautiful :) I'm in for one. The rigging is worrisome but that hasnt stopped me buying other WWI a/c. And to make it even better its a CSM kit and they are excellent.
James

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 06:05:56 AM »
This is the most exciting WWI modeling release in a LONG time for me.

I will be interested to see if Copper State rises to the challenge and provide the modeler with a clear, easy to follow rigging diagram and instructions.

I have said for years WNW dropped the ball with rigging and it is the No. 1 reason a lot of modelers avoid WWI models.

There should be an entirely independent, second instruction manual just for rigging IMO, with each run color coded and labeled, showing in multiple view drawings where the line begins, and where it ends.  Break it down 1 line at a time and it's not that difficult. 

The installation order should be suggested making it easy to get everything where it needs to be.  The Caudron in particular demands this.  Reminds me of the Fe.2b from WNW.

If you start your rigging in the wrong place on a plane like this Caudron, you'll never get enough access to where other lines need to go, and it's not as easy as you might think; it's easy to rig yourself into a corner, especially with THIS level of complexity.

Copper State, are you reading this!?

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 06:19:47 AM »
This is the most exciting WWI modeling release in a LONG time for me.

I will be interested to see if Copper State rises to the challenge and provide the modeler with a clear, easy to follow rigging diagram and instructions.

I have said for years WNW dropped the ball with rigging and it is the No. 1 reason a lot of modelers avoid WWI models.

There should be an entirely independent, second instruction manual just for rigging IMO, with each run color coded and labeled, showing in multiple view drawings where the line begins, and where it ends.  Break it down 1 line at a time and it's not that difficult. 

The installation order should be suggested making it easy to get everything where it needs to be.  The Caudron in particular demands this.  Reminds me of the Fe.2b from WNW.

If you start your rigging in the wrong place on a plane like this Caudron, you'll never get enough access to where other lines need to go, and it's not as easy as you might think; it's easy to rig yourself into a corner, especially with THIS level of complexity.

Copper State, are you reading this!?

I agree that it is the most exciting release in the recent months, if not years. Finally something with lots of rigging.

And as for the latter, I cannot agree that WNW "dropped the ball with rigging". Me, I find their schemes clear and extensive. Combined with clearly marked holes in the elements it was just fine for me. Very rarely I needed extra photographic material. If so, it was rather for learining, where the turnbuckles were not, where the lines go. But even on those rare ocassions I found it a fine part of the hobby, to decipher some little riddles.
And where to start - generally from the centre outwards, adding the lines symmetrically not to spoil the geometry :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Olieslagers

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 07:41:39 AM »
It is so ugly it is beautiful, definitively will get one. The Star Struter and Hanriot will also be on my list for different reasons. One being unusual and the other being flown by the Belgian Air Force. About the rigging, not an issue, I have just finished the 1/100 Heller Soleil Royal!

Offline Edo

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2021, 03:11:27 PM »
I do agree with my old timer Preze!
Also, learning from masters helps understanding how to build and the right sequences to rig.
sooooo, can’t wait to see what your build will tourn out!

ciao
edo

Offline Beto

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »

During the war, airplane riggers said that if you put a chicken between the tail booms of the Caudron and she does not find a way to scape, it was complete. When photographing the one at the RAF Museum I had to creep under the tail booms to take pics of the cockpit.  ;D

Offline Oscardeuce

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
How is this project coming along?

Looking forward to it

Thanks

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2021, 08:01:33 AM »
Edgar advises that they hope to release the 1/32 scale Caudron G.III kit in early to mid December.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 01:50:54 AM »
Great timing, I'll drop Santa a line  ;D

Willem

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Honor Necessity

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2021, 03:56:56 PM »
The latest images of the Copper State Models' Caudron G.III. These images have been supplied by Edgar especially for Forum members.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2021, 07:21:45 PM »
Thanks Dave.
Looking at the first shot it looks as though CSM have managed to reproduce the transparency of the wing trailing edge, similar to that of the Wingnut Wings 'Taube' model.
This model will be a great addition for any WW1 aircraft modeler,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2021, 07:30:28 PM »
Thank you, Dave. It is going to be a hit!
Well, modeling-wise the end of this year is to be spectacular.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 12:01:42 AM »
 :) Looks Even better then the 3D- renderings. Wonderful!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 01:51:05 AM »
Thank you, Dave , and thanks to Edgar for what he does for us „Biplaners“ with Copper State Models' models!