Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Fokker Dr.I E.Udet  (Read 1209 times)

Pedja

Eduard 1/48 Fokker Dr.I E.Udet
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:15:04 AM »
Hello All,
here is my last work in progress. This time Dr.I triplane ,Eduard packaging of E.Udet's planes.
So,let's go on the pictures and questions. I am trying to replicate "streaking" scheme, here is first atempt. I'l be glad to hear your opinion. ( wing is from spare parts, Pfalz d.III spare wing)

Thank you for watching!!

Offline Matti

Re: Eduard 1/48 Fokker Dr.I E.Udet
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 03:35:16 AM »
Your streaking looks good! Which paint did you use?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 03:56:19 AM »
Streaking is difficult to replicate and I am by no means an authority on this (Rick is BTW). Personally I thhink that the contrast between the darker and lighter shades should be a little stronger, but then I suspect that the original colours varied greatly so my opinion may be wrong.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:00:07 AM »
Streaking is difficult to replicate and I am by no means an authority on this (Rick is BTW). Personally I thhink that the contrast between the darker and lighter shades should be a little stronger, but then I suspect that the original colours varied greatly so my opinion may be wrong.

Stephen.

I appreciate the compliment but I will not claim the "Expert" title  ::) You may have already looked at the thread in hints and tips but just in case I will provide the link. In general I also think a darker green with more contrast would look closer. That being said it looks as though you have the right idea on technique. Keep working on it and you will get where you want to be!
RAGIII

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=3533.0

PS: There are lots of methods other than mine shown in the thread!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:09:44 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 07:46:35 PM »
I will agree with Stephen and Rick , your tones need to be darker . Other then that you have the method down and that does look good  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 08:53:14 PM »
Don't use Eduard's instructions for reference, I'd recommend that you use actual pics.

To do the Fokker streaking convincingly, concentrate on getting the color correct, the contrast between the light and dark and the angle of the streaks correct. I think that your color is too green. You need to add some brown. The color you aiming for is more of a dark olive with a brown tint. JMHO & good luck!

Chuck

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 04:21:24 AM »
A good start. Pedja! I think that streaking is great so far, just a bit darker... in places? Regards, Marc

Bughunter

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 06:17:15 AM »
Pictures say more than words. In this case the Fokker of  Mikael Carlson.

And a nice closeup:

Cheers,
Frank