Author Topic: Some small scale interesting items....  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Monty

Some small scale interesting items....
« on: May 09, 2021, 03:34:02 AM »
I think this post belongs firmly in this topic... and a story... A few months ago a friend in Port Elizabeth contacted me to say he had some WW1 kits available from a deceased estate and was I interested? Well, there were quite a few, the prices were more than reasonable but there was one kit I wanted... the Meikraft Pfalz. I never owned the kit but really tried to get one, so I said "Please send... money follows..." I got a reply that interest in the kits was not great, would I take more for an even more reasonable price? So lots of kits arrived, these are just a few that are relevant....

...And there was this absolute Lulu included for nothing... Can anyone tell me anything about it? No further details from my side.. slush moulded in resin... A real Alexis special...

Any idea who manufactured this model? No idea this side!

Regards,

Marc

Offline ermeio

Re: Some small scale interesting items....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 08:05:45 AM »
it is a Czech Master resin Roland D.II
Czech Master green resin kits were pretty common in the '80s and for inusual subject they were often an high end alternative to the old vacuformed kits. They were difficult to find before 1989, since they came from behind the iron courtain.
Some WWI kits were really good. The only pitfall was the resin, which usually contained some hard to fill bubbles
er me

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 03:01:43 AM »
Thanks er me! I have heard of Czech Master resin kits, Ray Rimmel mentioned them a lot in Windsock, now I know why we seldom saw photographs! I suppose the basics are there, and they are meant to be quite detailed and accurate, but they will certainly test the average builder! Regards, Marc.

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 07:44:49 PM »
Hey don't discount these golden oldies just two days ago I had to raid one of my old Meikraft kits to get a replacement spreader bar to finish a build of a Mac Pfalz D111. You never know when thinks will come in useful!

Offline WD

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 03:39:25 AM »
Hey don't discount these golden oldies just two days ago I had to raid one of my old Meikraft kits to get a replacement spreader bar to finish a build of a Mac Pfalz D111. You never know when thinks will come in useful!

Ergo why I have such a big stash of kits I'll likely never build, but they are my "parts store" for other builds. I think I have two of the Meikraft Pfalz kits and the Meikraft Albatros D.I/II.

WD