Author Topic: 1/3 Trumpeter M16 assualt rifle  (Read 814 times)

Offline DaveB

1/3 Trumpeter M16 assualt rifle
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:40:39 PM »
Dear all,

Got given this kit by my younger son for as part of my 57th birthday present as I had already built the later M16A3 version - firearms (more on pistols really) is one of my other interests.

I appreciate that this is not everyone's cup of tea but hope you can enjoy from a modelling point of view.   

This is the very iconic and original M16 rifle so closely associated with the Vietnam War used by the Americans is this conflict with some initial problems when first introduced.  This is the assualt rifle you will see in pretty much all Hollywood Vietnam war films such as Platoon, Full Metal Jacket and Apolocalypse Now to name but a few.

These are very straightforward kits with minimal parts so make for a quick build.   The trick with these (I think) is eliminating all joins and seams where they would not exist on the real weapon and then trying to paint to look realistic.

Anyway, hope you like?

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: 1/3 Trumpeter M16 assualt rifle
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 01:22:49 AM »
Not my cup of tea , but they are different and it would be challange addressing the seams . She does look realistic , so jod job on the painting and thanks for sharing your other modeling interest  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 04:51:27 AM »
Having seen these for real Dave, I can honestly write that they are totally realistic. Without picking them up they could easily be mistaken for being made out of the original materials.

Stephen.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 05:47:11 AM »
Thank you, Alexis and Stephen.

Cheers!

Dave

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 02:33:00 PM »
Nice models with highly realistic look. Well done.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline DaveB

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 02:27:11 AM »
Thank you, Giuseppe!

Yes, getting the painting right to obtain the correct look of the metal parts finish and the synthetic stock, pistol grip and forend is the trick with these kits. 

Regards

Dave