Author Topic: WNW 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1 + more photos  (Read 1747 times)

Offline The_Magnificent_Squadron

WNW 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1 + more photos
« on: April 18, 2021, 03:35:49 AM »
Wingnut Wings 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1 finished. The aircraft only has one very blurry photo so i had a decent amount of freedom. Decals are provided by Pheon Decals. Not sure when i will do another Polikarpov R-1 so i hope i did it justice with this one, I decided to model it with one of the lower engine panels lowered similar to how i saw it in a photo. Unfortunely some of the details dont show up well in the photos such as the underside weathering and the overpainted soviet stars on the top wings.
Hope you like it

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:35:13 AM by The_Magnificent_Squadron »

Offline RAGIII

Re: WNW 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:24:09 AM »
Really Stunning build! You have done such an outstanding job with this one that I feel I have to make a comment that normally I would not! Your final photos do not show the beauty of your build. As someone who sucks at photography I don't know what to suggest but your In Progress photos looked much better, IMHO. I hope No Offense is taken here as I enjoyed your build and the photos included! Very Impressive Model!!!
RAGIII

PS: After further review and enlarging the photos I must admit I was wrong! The photos are Great! Sorry for My previous comment. Your Model is as I said Beautiful and I Love the unusual scheme!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:52:37 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 05:33:09 AM »
Very neat model. I fell in love with Ninaks recently and yours makes it even stronger. As for photography, I woul probably make the contrast stronger, and a few close ups would certainly make more justice to your fantastic model.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 05:47:06 AM »
A very fine looking build TMS.  I, too, would like to see the details.
As for pictures, don't try to capture the entire model in the picture frame.  Get closeup and look for dramatic images in the viewfinder.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 07:47:34 PM »
Great to see truly diffirent markings!

Beautiful work on your R-1 - love it.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 01:15:43 AM »
Such a wonderful build and very different marking scheme which makes it stand out even more !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 03:57:18 AM »
Nice job on your model, Sam.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 04:40:50 AM »
The markings certainly make this into a different model - very interesting indeed. The model itself is flawless - beautiful from every angle with superb detail. I especially like the engine panel which has been removed.

Stephen.

Offline The_Magnificent_Squadron

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 06:34:55 AM »
Some more images for those who requested them, the painted over stars still arent super visible  8)

The markings certainly make this into a different model - very interesting indeed. The model itself is flawless - beautiful from every angle with superb detail. I especially like the engine panel which has been removed.

Stephen.

Thank you

Nice job on your model, Sam.

Thank you

Such a wonderful build and very different marking scheme which makes it stand out even more !

Alexis

Thank you

Great to see truly diffirent markings!

Beautiful work on your R-1 - love it.

Regards

Dave

Thank you

A very fine looking build TMS.  I, too, would like to see the details.
As for pictures, don't try to capture the entire model in the picture frame.  Get closeup and look for dramatic images in the viewfinder.

Thank you, i hope the new images help a bit

Very neat model. I fell in love with Ninaks recently and yours makes it even stronger. As for photography, I woul probably make the contrast stronger, and a few close ups would certainly make more justice to your fantastic model.

Thank you, the Ninak is one of my favorites and ive got plans for a few more, including some humpbacks or camelback versions

Really Stunning build! You have done such an outstanding job with this one that I feel I have to make a comment that normally I would not! Your final photos do not show the beauty of your build. As someone who sucks at photography I don't know what to suggest but your In Progress photos looked much better, IMHO. I hope No Offense is taken here as I enjoyed your build and the photos included! Very Impressive Model!!!
RAGIII

PS: After further review and enlarging the photos I must admit I was wrong! The photos are Great! Sorry for My previous comment. Your Model is as I said Beautiful and I Love the unusual scheme!

Thank you, no offence taken; i took some more photos anyhow with better close ups of the undercarriage and some weathering. My first photos are taken a bit further away in order to stop the images from being cropped badly on Instagram, Thank you

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: WNW 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1 + more photos
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 10:09:51 PM »
I think your new photos emphasize the detail and look more dramatic.  Great model!

Offline gbrivio

Re: WNW 1/32 Chinese Nationalist Polikarpov R-1 + more photos
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 05:40:49 AM »
Gorgeous model, you did a great job on this. Thank you for sharing.
Ciao
Giuseppe