Author Topic: Hello from Pennsylvania!  (Read 1104 times)

Offline KingsPointer

Hello from Pennsylvania!
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:14:05 AM »
My name is Scott Uehlinger, and I am a retired CIA/Navy Officer who began modeling as a child.   I returned to the hobby in 2012 and have been building quite actively.   This past year I have gotten into WW1 aircraft - previously I was intimidated by the Rigging rests, but now am quite adept at using EZ Line.    I have long read WW1 history, and have been to Rhinebeck as both a child and adult.   Not far from me is the Golden Age Aviation Museum, here in PA.    They fly a Fokker triplane (with an original Oberusal engine), a Curtiss Jenny and a Sopwith Pup, among others.    They are building a SPAD XIII replica as well.   They also have many other original aircraft of the interwar era, and is WELL worth a visit.   I do TV News, National Security commentary - youtube my name and you can find some clips.   I am a frequent poster on Britmodeller.com - and will post some of my WW1 aircraft here as well!

Offline rhallinger

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 03:19:12 AM »
Welcome Scott!  You must be near me in PA, as I have been to the Golden Age Air Museum, just an hour north from my home in Lancaster.  Great place!  Sounds like they've made good progress on the collection since my visit several years ago.  Like you, I returned to the hobby about 10 years ago after a long layoff, and I also visited Rhinebeck as a kid in the late 60s, and again more recently.  Nice thing was that the next generation there hadn't changed things much.  It was like stepping back in time in more ways than one. 

I look forward to seeing some of your models posted here.  I build 1/32 WWI aircraft (plastic and paper) and 1/48 WWII aircraft, mostly.  Enjoy the forum!

Best regards,

Bob

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 11:02:44 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Scott, and I look forward to seeing your WW.1 aircraft. Enjoy your return to the Hobby and the experience here!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 02:21:36 AM »
Hi Scott, Welcome to the site! It sounds like you will fit in here perfectly! It appears you have had a very interesting career, too! Please post pictures as it's really quite easy... Regards, Marc.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
Hi Scott

A warm welcome to the Forum and I hope you find much here to make your modelling hobby more enjoyable. We have the friendliest modellers in the world here in our WW1 community family and we'd love to see your models and help you with any queries you may have.

cheers from Australia

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 04:02:55 PM »
Hello Scott, welcome to the forum.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:40 PM »
Welcome to the site Scott  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 09:14:32 AM »
Nice to see you here Scott, welcome!
Cheers,
Dave.