Author Topic: Albatros D.III Oeffag pilot's seat  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Von Salza

Albatros D.III Oeffag pilot's seat
« on: April 14, 2021, 04:19:54 AM »
Hi. Has anyone got a picture of such a seat?
I have Eduard's 1/48 Albatros D.III with an option of PE seat back. But it looks like a plywood skeleton only while the seats I've seen were covered with leather. Now, I am not sure if the bare PE back is correct.
Thanks for any help.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Albatros D.III Oeffag pilot's seat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:14:47 AM »
The PE part is to look like a padded back , don't use it . Use the kit seat and paint the inside leather and the outer part black .

If you are good with epoxy putty you can make your cushions for this . I make my out thick plastic card , I'm no good with epoxy putty at all .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Von Salza

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 08:06:58 AM »
Thank You, Alexis.
I suspected that something is wrong with this bare PE part. I'm going to make a leather chair.
I am not good with epoxy putty at all, but I'm going to try - I wonder what will I produce: a cushion or maybe something completely different :)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 12:08:52 AM »
You are most welcome  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 06:54:25 AM »
May have a look at https://www.craftlab.at/
They are building new flying machines from scratch, in a very exact way. I think they made also a D.III.
But don't get lost in the pictures of the projects, that is wonderful craftsmanship with wood and metal.

Cheers,
Frank